Full-Time Content Writer
Hi! We are Fortis, a leading content marketing agency from Croatia. We’re looking for top English language content writers to join our international writing team.
Here’s a bit more information about us.
We help B2B startups scale their blog writing and attract more targeted visitors to their websites. We only create content in English.
Our mission is to create expert-level content for our clients’ blogs and raise awareness about their software products.
We also put a lot of focus on content UX and reader engagement because such content is amazing, ranks well in search results, and brings targeted visitors.
If this sounds like something you’d like to become a part of, then we’d love to have you on board!
Why You Should Work With Us
Our clients include some of the most exciting companies in the tech industry from all over the world. 🌍
You’ll be part of an exceptionally friendly team working on projects for fast-growing startups, increasing your understanding of modern marketing and boosting your portfolio. 💪
This job will also help you significantly improve your writing skills in a short period of time. 👏
Because you’ll be writing a lot. ✍
We’ll provide the tools, the know-how, and the support to help you write better and faster. 🔧
You’ll learn how to analyze and research a topic and create an expert-level blog post of 2,000 words in a short amount of time. 📈
Our way of creating content is writer-friendly, devised to make writing easy, straightforward, and time-efficient. ⌚
Unlike freelance writers, you won’t have to deal with time-consuming activities like finding and managing clients. 🧐
We’ll handle that part so you can focus on doing what you love most—writing. 📝
Fortis is a very friendly team of top experts. You’ll be working alongside a great group of people, and you’ll learn a lot from them. 💡
Who is Not a Right Fit for This Job
If you’re not passionate about writing, you will not thrive in this position.
We’ll eliminate any distractions, but we also expect you to create 2-3 long-form blog articles per week. So, yes, you’ll be writing a lot.
However, we value content accuracy the most, so you will be expected to put a lot of effort into research. 🎯
There’s a huge difference between churning out simple articles for general readers and covering business topics for an expert audience.
This means you won’t be able to make unsubstantiated claims or merely express your opinions without backing them up with facts. ✔
You’ll have to do extensive research to get a deep understanding of the topic you are writing about. Then, you’ll have to support your arguments with relevant:
We’ll teach you how to do this research quickly and easily, using the systems we’ve devised to cut down on time needed to create top-quality content pieces.
What It’s Like to Work at Fortis?
We’re a very process-oriented company.
That means there are certain procedures and instructions we’d like you to follow to improve the quality and consistency of your output, as well as your writing speed.
The creative types may need a bit of time to adjust to this structured approach, but we can promise you that your writing will improve dramatically in just a few short months of working with us.
❗For every article you’ll work on, you will get a content brief with an outline, subheading summaries, and some sources to get you started. ❗
You will learn to find precious information for the topics you’ll cover quickly and efficiently. Instead of just searching for the obvious, you will learn to use our multi-step research process.
Finding influencers and thought leaders in your target field and using first-hand information from social channels and niche forums will become second nature to you.
- Our team will prepare your weekly schedule each Monday.
- You will use Airtable as a self-service tool for taking and delivering articles, enabling you to be independent in your work.
- Similarly, our knowledge base will always be at your disposal to find answers and troubleshoot issues on your own.
- We’ll give you access to a professional version of Grammarly, so you can self-edit articles before delivering them to our editors.
- You will learn to transform data into charts and diagrams using our Canva account with premade templates and style guides.
You will be assigned to one project over a longer period instead of hopping from one to another. Also, you will write many articles on similar topics, so your industry knowledge will expand rapidly, and you will quickly become a subject matter expert in that field.
We’ll provide you with feedback on your writing and point out the areas in accuracy, research, and structure that need some polishing. Additionally, our proofreader will perfect your wording and style. ✔
If you want to advance your career while honing your writing skills, you will love this job.
After spending some time in Fortis, you’ll become one of the best B2B writers in the industry.
What We Offer
- Full-time & part-time positions. We’re looking for both people who can become full-fledged members of our team and those interested in part-time collaborations.
- Remote work. No matter where you are, you’ll be working from the comfort of your own home.
- If you’re a great and talented writer, for a full-time position, you’ll earn a base monthly net salary from 1.000€ to 1.200€. (With bonuses and extra opportunities, up to 1.500€). The exact amount that we will be able to offer will depend on your skills, experience, country of residence, salary taxes in your country, and the amount of work you can handle. This position also comes with ample room for growth.
- We work a five-day week, with weekends and holidays off.
- Sliding work hours. For full-time positions, you can start your workday anytime in a period between 7 and 10 AM.
- We foster an encouraging work environment where team members support each other and are always willing to help. Our projects are challenging and dynamic, but we take pride in the relaxed, positive atmosphere at Fortis.
- Consistent education from our team.
- To enjoy and excel at this job, an excellent command of written English is essential. Your writing style should be clear, direct, positive, and dynamic.
- Ability to thoroughly research assigned topics and find additional sources of information.
- Patience in reading a lot about one topic. Your writing will be research-based, so you must dig deep into each assigned topic and read multiple sources.
- Ability to learn new terms and understand new topics quickly.
- Attention to detail. In content writing, the smallest details and word choices can make a big difference.
- No previous experience in writing B2B blog content is necessary, but you do need to be a top talent for this position. To find out if you are, fill out the application, and we will test you out.
- Talent is important, but so is attitude. Your passion for writing and the will to further improve equally matter.
Our Selection Process
Our carefully designed candidate selection process gives a chance to unrecognized writing talents who otherwise would be skipped due to their lack of experience. Experience is not a mandatory requirement for joining Fortis.
However, in order to recognize talented candidates, we will ask you to answer custom questions in the application form and to complete a couple of test assignments later on.
This is What Our Hiring Process Looks Like
1. You will need to fill out the application form and answer some questions in English. You will also be asked to complete a small task during the application process. Put your best effort into completing the application because the answers are a very important factor when evaluating candidates. To evaluate the quality of your writing, we look at the style, grammar, and accuracy of your answers.
2. We’ll check each received application, and the most suitable candidates will be invited to take part in an article writing test (a take-home test) to put their writing skills to practice. Along with the article writing test, candidates will be given a short cognitive test assignment that will evaluate their verbal reasoning and reading comprehension skills.
3. Candidates who excel at those assignments will be invited for a video interview.
If this sounds like a job you’d really enjoy doing, apply here to build a career in Fortis. We’ll get back to you if we think we’d be a good fit!