Content Writer required if you’re tired of reading about the same old writing positions and looking for something a bit different, we’re glad you found us.
We’re about as far from being an enterprise company (in both size and culture) as you can get.
You won’t just churn out content. Instead, you’ll build a deep understanding of what drives our customers. create truly helpful content for our audience: accounting and bookkeeping firms. And you’ll push back on things if you think we’re doing something dumb or going in the wrong direction.
In Slack, we love seeing what cool stuff you get up to outside of work and your favorite awful dad jokes, if that’s your thing.
We were 100% remote before it was cool (~2014), and with that comes the freedom to set your own hours and adjust them when life gets in the way. The team is spread around the world, but the founders are based in Brisbane, Australia.
Here’s what one of our longest running team members had to say, when asked why he likes working with us:
Amazing team, zero toxicity, low stress, remote since when that was not mainstream, freedom in time and space, zero tolerance to bullshit like micromanagement and pointless meetings
Ok, with all that out of the way, let’s get into the actual role:
We’re seeking a full or part time experienced content writer for a diverse range of content. Minimum 20 hours per week. Salary will be between 3-6k USD for full time. 1.5k-3k for 20 hours.
You’ll be involved in all kinds of writing, including:
- Blog posts
- Product pages
- Customer stories
- Checklists & templates
Familiarity with the accounting industry is important, but not required, for this role.
You’ll be writing about the below topics so, if you’re passionate about them, you’d be a great fit. You don’t need to be an expert in these, as long as you’re willing to learn:
- Accounting workflow & process
- Productivity & automation
- Client relationships and communication
If you’re the kind of person who loves writing useful content, conducting research and simplifying complex topics, you should apply.
What You’ll Do
- Use a casual writing style – For most pieces, writing style is generally casual and sometimes fun. Humor is good. Memes are fair game. Only product pages and some guest posts will require more formal language.
- Write blog posts – Topics vary greatly but focus on accountants and bookkeepers. Types of posts include how-to, research-based software reviews, lists (e.g. inspirational people in accounting) and more. Check out the blog here.
- Engage with partners and customers – These are often a great source of quotes and content. You may even interview people to create content.
- Optimize for SEO – All posts should take SEO into consideration and we’re happy to train you on this if you haven’t done it before. We use Surfer SEO.
- Turn podcasts into posts – You’ll turn some of our most popular podcast episodes into informative posts. We already have audio and transcripts for you to work from.
- Write product pages – Write website pages about our product. Example.
- Update and improve existing pages
- Suggest content ideas – If you have ideas for content, we want to hear them. You’ll have access to our customers, network and team as a source of quotes or content.
Who You Are
- Experienced – You’ve worked in writing before. Ideally, that’s for 3+ years and B2B content. However, this isn’t necessary. We believe that if you care for readers, love research and are enthusiastic about what we do, you’ll be fine.
- Understanding – You are empathetic and can put yourself in other people’s shoes to write in a way that they can understand.
- Self-motivated – You show up every day with a great attitude and can work independently & remotely.
- Organized – You’re able to manage your time, keep on top of your productivity and enjoy the satisfaction of completing all of your tasks.
- Problem solver – It’s not always obvious how each topic should be approached. You’ll work out what you need to do and follow through with a well thought-out solution.
- Communicator – You’re great at both written and verbal communication – in your writing and with our team.
For Bonus Points
- You’ve worked in an accounting or bookkeeping firm
- You’ve worked with clients in any professional service company
- You love productivity and automation
- You have sales copywriting training
What’s In It For You?
- 100% remote
- A small, fun team
- Autonomy & flexibility
- 3 weeks vacation
About Content Snare
You might be wondering what product actually does. It helps people collect information from clients. Think of something like Typeform with auto saving and automatic reminders. This is overly simplistic, but a pretty good base.
Our customers are tired of chasing clients for information, and lose a ridiculous amount of time going back and forth over email. They’re typically using a combination of email, Google Drive and spreadsheets. Or a client portal that looks like it was made in 2003.
Content Snare helps them get all the stuff they need from clients in one place. This is often a game-changer for their business. It’s not uncommon to hear new customers say “where have you been all my life”.
Right now it’s helping people collect over 100,000 items from their clients every month.
We hope you’ll enjoy helping our customers as much as we do.