Moov is the all-in-one payments platform building choice into money movement. Instead of adding multiple vendors to products, software companies can accept, store, send, and spend money all from a single, elegantly-designed API.
What Moov is building is unconventional and exciting in the payments and fintech space, but it takes a talented storyteller to explain the value of Moov while educating those unfamiliar with the ins and outs of money movement. For example, Moov is an issuer, Processor, wallet, and program manager directly connected to The Clearing House, Fed, and all the major card brands—translating these important differentiators into clear and helpful content is where you will shine.
We are looking for an experienced senior content writer who is relentless about ideating and writing content that amplifies our brand. You’re an insatiable wordsmith who can creatively turn any idea into interesting content that’s highly valuable. As a senior writer, you craft ideas and then push them to fruition, inspiring all around you with your speed, grit, and obsessive attention to detail. Your talent goes without saying, but you bring it to bear in a manner that is uniquely Moov: low on ego, big on laughs, collaborative, honest, and creative.
Because we’re a start-up, we need someone unintimidated by our entrepreneurial environment. This means you will be trusted to take initiative, work without supervision, and begin projects independently.
*For consideration, please include a link to your online portfolio or writing samples with your application.
- Become and remain an expert on all things fintech, especially payments (don’t worry; the team will happily help you with this if you’re new to the space)
- Lead content development projects and collaborate with the team on strategy. Responsible for writing both short- and long-form content like blogs, ebooks, etc.
- Translate complex content and product benefits into simple, compelling, and jargon-free terms
- Connect with and ghost-write for subject-matter experts within Moov
- Develop story ideas that contribute to Moov’s content strategy and editorial calendar
- Work closely with teams across Moov to source new content ideas and stories
- Deliver well-written drafts while providing editing and feedback for your peers
- Master our brand voice and tone
- Publish articles on our website
- Post on social media
- Build newsletters in our marketing platform
- Track content performance and identify content gaps
This position includes work on the following: brand content (thought leadership, company news, social media), sales enablement content (customer stories, pitch decks, one-pagers), marketing content (emails, newsletters, events, advertising), and other tasks as assigned (project management, event planning, marketing coordination).
- A sizeable portfolio of B2B content examples
- 5+ years of experience writing about financial services and/or technology
- Knowledge of current SEO best practices
- A good understanding of what it means to blend user experience and storytelling, and how they fit into the bigger picture of content marketing
- The ability to self-start, meet deadlines, and drive projects forward while being open and comfortable with iteration and feedback
- Attention to detail– you take pride in delivering outstanding work
- The ability to work cross-functionally and build relationships of trust with team members around the nation via video conferencing
Moov is a 100% remote company with people from more than 23 states. We’re backed by a16z and other respected investors. We won Visa’s global Everywhere Initiative and our community of builders grows larger every day. We’re committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills and we embrace diversity, creativity, and equal opportunity.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger.
We have mountain bikers, skiers/boarders, runners, video gamers, musicians, movie buffs, weight lifters, and about every other type of person in between. We enjoy solving problems and tackling challenges with creativity. If we don’t know the answer, we revel in the hunt to find it. We like helping people and choose to give first. We’re patient, open, and honest. If you share our values and enthusiasm for making the complex simple and delightful, you’ll find a home at Moov.
- 100% remote. We make remote-work work.
- We match what you contribute to your 401(k) up to 5% of your salary
- Generous parental leave
- Competitive health, dental, and vision insurance plans
- Unlimited PTO, paid holidays, and sick leave with a 10-day minimum PTO requirement (and one break must be at least 5 consecutive days)
- Learning stipend and a culture that encourages and promotes professional growth and development
- Home office stipend
- Ownership in the company via employee stock options
- Culture of people helping people who give first, celebrate wins together and embrace autonomy, transparency, and trust
- The opportunity to join an experienced and ambitious team passionate about solving customers’ needs and who love what they do
- Partner with a community of 3000+ developers around the world, helping them focus on possibilities vs payments
Salary range: $90k to $116k based on experience, geography, and other key factors
If you are nervous about not having the right qualifications, apply anyway! We hire people, not job roles. We look for talent that will help us push boundaries, experiment, and bring in new ideas. That means caring more about qualities than qualifications.
One More Thing
Don’t go iron your clothes for your interview (do people still own irons?). We’re all pretty casual here, so you can wear whatever you are most comfortable in.
When you meet with us, have some concrete, tangible examples of when you’ve added value, improved something, created something, or done some fantastic, customer-centric work. We also want to learn about you as a person. If you want to know what it’s like working at Moov, check out stories from our employees.