Full-Time Content Writer
Jobscan is looking for an eager content writer who is interested in getting their foot in the door with their marketing career. The writer will be responsible for creating and publishing high-quality content that drives traffic and engagement to our website. The ideal candidate will have a passion for writing, an eagerness to learn and grow, and knowledge of basic SEO best practices.
Eligible candidates must be based in US or Canada
Salary: USD $39,000 – $42,000/year + benefits
benefits may differ for non-US based candidates
What You’ll Be Doing
- Write blog posts, articles, and other written content that aligns with our company’s mission and values.
- Conduct research on assigned topics in order to write an informative and helpful article.
- Optimize written content for search.
- Format and publish articles in WordPress.
- Ideate and order graphics for articles.
- Follow company processes and workflows for content creation.
- Ensure all content meets our brand’s voice and tone guidelines.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and best practices in content marketing.
What You’ll Need
- Proven experience as a content writer, with a portfolio of writing samples.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Fluent in English.
- Strong research skills and the ability to write on a wide range of topics.
- Understanding of SEO best practices.
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with a team.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Availability during at least a portion of U.S. working hours (9am-5pm Central)
Nice To Have
- Familiarity with content management systems such as WordPress.
- Knowledge of or experience writing about resumes and job seeking.
- Remote work
- Competitive salary + stock options
- Flexible schedule
- Unlimited PTO + 14 Paid Holidays + Paid Sick Days
- Paid days off last week of year
- Paid parental leave
- 401(k) + employer match
- Health savings accounts
- Life insurance
- $1000 tech stipend, education stipend, internet stipend
- Apple computer or PC of your choice
- Bi-annual company trips
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
As we continue to grow, we are always adding more benefits and perks for our team.
Jobscan provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.