Full-Time Content Writer
About Hack the Box
Hack The Box is a leading gamified cybersecurity upskilling, certification, and talent assessment platform enabling individuals, businesses, government institutions, and universities to sharpen their offensive and defensive security expertise.
Launched in 2017, Hack The Box brings together the largest global cybersecurity community of more than 2m platform members and is on a mission to create and connect cyber-ready humans and organizations through highly engaging hacking experiences that cultivate out-of-the-box thinking.
Offering a fully guided and exploratory skills development environment, Hack The Box is the ideal solution for cybersecurity professionals and organizations to continuously enhance their cyber-attack readiness by improving their red, blue, and purple team capabilities.
Rapidly growing its international footprint and reach, Hack The Box is headquartered in the UK, with additional offices in Greece and the US.
🚨 Exciting News: In Jan 2023 we secured a $55 Million Series B funding 🚀 The new investment will accelerate Hack The Box’s growth trajectory with a focus on further building out its category-defining “gamer-first” solutions offering. Hack The Box will also enhance its go-to-market function, doubling down on the company’s ongoing international expansion with strong commercial traction in the US, Europe, and APAC.
About The Role 💚
Our new job opening calls for an experienced Content Writing Specialist. In this hands-on role, you will be responsible for creating high-value content that’s aligned with our content strategy and marketing goals, with a broad focus on content that speaks to our B2C and B2B audience of cybersecurity professionals and leaders.
You will work closely with our Content Marketing Manager, and cross-functionally with the marketing team to produce a range of critical content assets. This will include crafting copy for landing pages and newsletters, as well as content for blog posts, case studies, and white papers. Your efforts will prove pivotal in strengthening HTB’s global footprint as a leader in upskilling cyber professionals and teams.
As part of the fun-loving marketing team at HTB, you’ll be part of a dynamic, goal-oriented group that values open, honest, and collaborative communication. You’ll also gain the opportunity to broaden your understanding of content marketing and exercise your creative vision across multiple cyber-related content campaigns!
- Create a variety of best-in-class content resources in coordination with the Content Marketing Manager and other internal and external stakeholders.
- Conduct interviews with internal and external subject matter experts or customers, and turn those conversations into customer-facing content that oozes value.
- Write creative and captivating landing page copy for our upcoming products.
- Proofread and edit content with sharp attention to detail (and a love for engaging narratives that tell a captivating story).
- Write and optimize copy for regular customer-facing newsletters in collaboration with respective stakeholders and departments.
- Research and ideate on ways to optimize and repurpose content (for example, turning a webinar transcript into a blog post).
- Come up with unique angles and hooks (that align with HTB’s messaging) for the pieces you work on.
- Upload and publish content to our Content Management System (CMS).
- Background in journalism or content marketing or creative writing/copywriting.
- 2+ years of experience writing and editing content across various formats. (Demonstrable proof of a journalistic eye for unique hooks and messaging is a huge plus.)
- Ability to edit the content of other contributors and self-edit your own work according to a style guide and deliver polished work. Editing is an integral part of this role.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to think outside of the box and innovate.
- Attention to detail and a commitment to quality.
- Team spirit with a sense of ownership and a “get things done” attitude, with an ability to thrive in a fast-paced and self-directed environment.
Why work at Hack The Box?
- You’ll have the chance to contribute to a product that is quite appreciated by its users and the overall cybersecurity community
- You’ll work in a highly supportive and caring environment, while having flexibility and autonomy
- You’ll be able to grow as we grow by solving challenging problems
Rest assured, you’ll definitely have fun while working at HTB 🥳
We have also other benefits that will keep you happy:
- Private insurance
- Free lunch & snacks at the office
- 25 annual leave days
- Dedicated budget for training and professional development, participation in conferences
- State-of-the-art equipment (mac, iPhone, and mobile plan)
- Full access to the Hack The Box lab offerings; so you can learn how to hack 😉
- Flexible WFH (Hybrid Model) – Fully Remote is also an option
- A conversation with the Talent Acquisition team to know us better and to share more info about HTB and the role
- A bit more of a technical conversation(s) with the hiring manager to get a better understanding of your experience and achievements
- A challenge related to the job and a conversation about the way you have approached it. This will really help us understand your skillset and have a fair selection process.
- Offer 🎉
50 total views, 1 today