Our goal is to build something truly great. Something that combines the beauty of the Church’s spirituality with world-class product and content execution.
We launched the app in December of 2018 and have been blown away with the incredible growth & traction. Hallow has been downloaded over 10 million times with over 200,000 5-star reviews. We’re blessed to be backed by some of the best mission-driven investors in the world and are excited to build out the team to help a lot more folks grow closer to God.
We are a startup. We move quickly and take big swings. We are a small and fast moving team and each person is responsible for making an impact. It is hard work, but also deeply meaningful. We’d be honored & humbled if you’d consider joining us.
Tldr: We are scaling and growing quickly and are looking for a writer to help us create content for various projects on the app. This person will play a critical role on our content team in carrying projects from start to finish.
What You’ll Do
- Strategy: You’ll brainstorm concepts and projects focused on helping our parish partners and leadership teams to build parishes of prayer
- Process: You’ll think through all of the steps for publishing content from coordinating the release date, voice talent, and booking the recording studio.
- Create: You’ll be responsible for writing a script for the project.
- Record: You’ll be on-site with voice talent to record in a studio.
- Publish: You’ll work with the audio team to create the very best product and get everything properly uploaded onto the app.
What We’re Looking For
- Passion: First & foremost, we’re looking for someone excited about our mission. It makes it a lot more fun!
- Experience: Bachelor’s and/or master’s degree in writing or theology, and at least 3 years of writing experience. Preferably experience in creating content for parishes.
- Grit & detail-oriented: A start-up is tough and we really care about what we’re doing. Perseverance and attention to detail are important. Project management skills and a strong sense of ownership will be key, especially for your project-based work.
- Flexibility & adaptability: You’ll need to roll with the punches. It’s a very fast moving environment with the need to write and produce quickly. You’ll also need to be able to travel for on-site recordings 5-10 times a year
What You’ll Love
- Mission: This work is incredibly humbling. Everyday we get amazing stories and we get the pleasure of working on something that’s impacting lives.
- Ownership: You’ll be a huge part of our content process. There’s nothing more exciting than creating something beautiful, pristine, and moving, and we strive to do that every day.
- Growth: Over the next year we’ll build out the company significantly and we’ll need your help to create a world-class content team.
- Flexibility: HQ is in Chicago, but remote work is a possibility. We’re flexible with location / hours.
- Comp: We will pay competitive market rates both in terms of equity, cash, & benefits.
We are honored that you’d consider joining the team and look forward to connecting with you.
Alex at Hallow CEO & Co-Founder