Full-Time Content Video Editor ($121k to $171k))
Content Video Editor
San Francisco, CA | Remote, US
We’re looking for a Content Video Editor to join the Product Social Team in the Content Studio, focusing on owned and operated official brand social accounts such as @instagram, @metaquest, and @whatsapp as well as executive social content. This role is responsible for supporting content creation efforts on hundreds of projects. The ideal candidate is highly creative and organized, prioritizes attention to detail, thrives in a multi-tasking, deadline-driven environment, and most importantly, has a demonstrated ability of editing short-form video content for social media channels across various platforms for an international audience and is passionate about Meta’s products and apps.
Content Video Editor Responsibilities
- Edit short-form video projects for social media channels
- Format video files for all Instagram app surfaces (including video, Reels and Stories) and other social media platforms
- Adhere to technical standards and specs
- Select music and work with Production Managers to license audio for video features
- Collaborate with Creative Producers to inform briefs and shot lists
- Apply subtitles to videos and work with copy editors to ensure accurate subtitles are applied to all video content
- Apply basic graphic elements to videos
- Ability to complete projects with quick turnaround times while ensuring high technical quality assurance for all project details start to finish
- QA content prior to final delivery
- Maintain organized documentation of workflow, toolkits and assets.
- Manage media files and archive of completed works
- 7+ years of creative video editing experience, including pre-production planning, file management, post-production editing, and motion graphics
- Experience with Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects
- Experience applying After Effects compositions and templates to Premiere Pro projects
- Experience working with multiple types of video formats including, mobile video, DSLR footage and cinema grade video
- Basic audio and sound mixing knowledge
- Experience in color correction for all video types
- Experience in formatting and troubleshooting video assets for Instagram, Facebook, Threads and Twitter surfaces
- Experience in editing across multiple mediums: documentaries, short-form, narrative, music videos
- Experience managing multiple projects with multiple stakeholders
- Experience building working relationships with core and cross-functional teams
- Experience working and thriving in a self-starter, fast-paced and changing environment
- Communicate and uphold brand visual standards
- Experience creating high caliber content with limited time and resources
- Proficient with Photoshop and Lightroom
- Experience with third party tools such as Asana, Trint and Rev
Meta builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology. People who choose to build their careers by building with us at Meta help shape a future that will take us beyond what digital connection makes possible todaybeyond the constraints of screens, the limits of distance, and even the rules of physics.
Meta is committed to providing reasonable support (called accommodations) in our recruiting processes for candidates with disabilities, long term conditions, mental health conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs, or who are neurodivergent or require pregnancy-related support. If you need support, please reach out to email@example.com.
$121,000/year to $171,000/year + bonus + equity + benefits
Individual pay is determined by skills, qualifications, experience, and location. Compensation details listed in this posting reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity or sales incentives, if applicable. In addition to base salary, Meta offers benefits. Learn more about benefits at Meta.