Nava is a public benefit corporation, which means we have a social mission written into our founding charter. The people who work at Nava have a fiduciary duty to our stated mission: to improve access, effectiveness, and simplicity of government services.
As a professional services firm, we achieve our mission by partnering with government clients at the state and federal levels. We bill for our time, selling our expertise and problem-solving methodology to government clients who hire us to help improve their products and services so that their users and beneficiaries have a better experience.
These end-users — the humans who benefit from our work — are at the core of everything we do. They inspire and motivate us. Working with our government clients to align their goals with their beneficiary’s needs enables them to better deliver on their mission and provides everyone at Nava opportunities to do meaningful, impactful work.
Nava is at the forefront of reimagining how our government serves its people, and we’re looking for a Content Strategist to oversee and work on complex, long-term content projects that drive our mission forward.
In this role, you will work on small teams to drive content strategy forward for programs that affect millions of Americans. You will assist your fellow designers in developing tools, processes, and policies to support effective user-centered communications. Your work will also include drafting, editing, managing, and distributing content. The content strategist role requires an individual comfortable with rapidly evolving, ambiguous situations who is able to adapt to changing tactical circumstances and chart a course through uncertainty.
We’re looking for a content strategist or a writer with an interest in content strategy who could assist in administering a distributed editorial model, including:
- Developing and maintaining editorial calendars
- Preparing reports on progress, measured against the team’s goals
- Moving content through through approvals and distribution
Skills and Attributes
Candidates should have a background in writing and editing content in deadline-centered environments and should feel comfortable working with stakeholders to guide them in best practices for effective content.
Nice To Have Skills
- Leverages a human centric approach to building compelling storytelling
- Strategic approach to leveraging multi media as a part of designing and architecting engaging content
- Experience developing content modeling and working with SEO and metadata
- Familiarity with content management systems
- Previous experience developing systems for re-using content and for architecting (organizing) information to be most effective for users is also helpful.
- Comfortable sitting side by side with engineering or delivery management to go through details
- Experience working in an agile, multidisciplinary team environment
What You’ll Do
- Create content-focused strategic and tactical recommendations, such as content modeling and taxonomy development
- Plan and implementing scalable enterprise-wide content initiatives
- Align diverse client stakeholders on a common goal
- Develop content creation processes and editorial workflow
- Build and adapt deliverables to meet client needs solving client problems with well-reasoned plans, strong communication, creative approaches, and optimism
- Research and develop information architecture and content
- Train and mentor mid-level teammates and external partners consultants
What We’re Looking For
- Depth of experience leading complex, long-term content projects (E.g. CMS migration, content development, search engine optimization)
- Experience building information architecture specifically content hierarchy and information organization
- Understanding of analytics planning and tracking
- Experience with content curation or editorial planning
- Ability to build and form strong relationships with the internal team and external partners
In your application please provide two writing samples or links to two places where we can read your writing. Applications that don’t include writing samples won’t be considered.
PLEASE ENSURE YOU EITHER REMOVE YOUR ACCESS PASSWORD TO YOUR PORTFOLIO OR PROVIDE ACCESS DETAILS. CANDIDATES WHO DO NOT FOLLOW THIS INSTRUCTION WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
Compensation Range: $72,250 – $92,700
- Must have lived in the United States for at least three (3) of the past five (5) years.
- An active green card or citizenship is required.
- Candidates who are offered a job with Nava must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa now or in the future.
- Offer of hire is contingent upon completion of a background check that includes a criminal record history review.
- Applicants selected for this position may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or applicants who are eligible for security clearances.
Perks Working With Nava
- Your well-being is important to us, so we offer highly competitive benefits for medical, dental, and vision
- 20 days of PTO accrued, 12 days paid federal holidays, 5 floating holidays, unlimited sick leave
- 16 weeks of fully paid parental leave and weekly meal deliveries during leave
- Sabbatical Leave
- 401k contributions match at 4% of your salary
- Flexible work arrangements
- $1,000 new home office set up budget, monthly phone allowance
- Monthly partial reimbursement for utilities (where applicable)
- $2,000 annual tuition and professional development budget
- Equity stock options
- Employee referral program
- Commuter Benefits
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death
- Diverse, inclusive, highly collaborative, and vibrant culture fostering remote work!
You can work in a hybrid work arrangement from one of Nava’s offices in NYC, DC, or San Francisco. We also have fully remote options if you reside in one of the following states:
Alabama, Arizona, California, Colorado, DC, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, North Carolina, New Jersey, New York, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Texas, Tennessee, Virginia, Washington.
If you are not living in one of the states listed above, unfortunately, you will not be considered for a position at this time.
Nava PBC equal opportunity employer that is deeply committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, age, gender, religious or political beliefs, national origin or heritage, marital status, disability, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy, status as a protected veteran or any characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion not only reflects our values as a public benefit corporation but also enriches our ability to do our work. Learn more about where we are today and hope to be by 2025.
Please contact the recruiting team at email@example.com if you would like to request reasonable accommodation during the application or interviewing process.
We participate in E-Verify. Upon hire, we will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. This role is required to work from the contiguous United States.