Full-Time Content Strategist
You love to write. First and foremost. But you also love the strategic aspect of content marketing. Your ideal role is 70% writing and 30% planning and strategy. You embrace variety, thrive in owning all aspects of content and copywriting, and are passionate about educating and connecting with audiences through timely, clever, and purposeful words. You easily pivot from long-form content to pithy copy, all in a day’s work. You’re comfortable with complexity and navigating multiple stakeholders to bring a project to life. You approach interviews like a journalist, always on the hunt for a great story.
What You’ll Do
- Develop compelling B2B content for all Challenger marketing initiatives, including website pages, landing pages, emails, blog articles, white papers/guides/eBooks, video scripts, press releases, social media content, infographics, digital marketing (e.g., paid search, display), and promotional ads
- Manage the organization’s thought leadership editorial calendar and publish content to the Challenger website in WordPress
- Understand and embrace SEO best practices to improve our search rankings
- Own and execute social media strategy, including sharing platform-optimized content to LinkedIn and Twitter, translating programs and campaigns into effective social media content, managing content calendars, analyzing performance, and expanding presence into new communities (e.g., Instagram, TikTok, Reddit)
- Write and maintain sales enablement materials, such as collateral/sell sheets, case studies/success stories, pitch presentations, and RFP responses
- Dig into Challenger’s proprietary research to extract compelling stories and integrate insights and learnings into content initiatives and editorial calendars, as well as own the content strategy to promote findings
- Write and maintain product, partner, and customer marketing materials, including website pages, landing pages, emails, collateral, and case studies
- Collaborate cross-functionally across demand generation, design, sales, product, and other SMEs to create and deliver timely and relevant content
- Take ownership of and enhance Challenger’s brand voice and tone, while establishing and adhering to defined editorial guidelines and maintaining error-free spelling and grammar
- Analyze and optimize content performance across channels
- Partner with and manage relevant vendor and contractor relationships as needed
- Focus content efforts with campaigns to drive awareness, inbound traffic, and ultimately, pipeline and revenue
- Keep a pulse on marketing trends, industry news, and the competitive landscape to best position our brand and product
What You Bring
- College degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, or a similar field
- Minimum three years of experience in writing B2B branded content for agency or in-house; bonus if you’ve written about sales or selling in the past
- Portfolio of work preferred and willing to complete a writing assessment
- Proven experience in excellent copywriting, content writing, and storytelling skills
- Experience with community management across major social media platforms (e.g., LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok)
- Knowledge of HubSpot and WordPress
- Passion for winning in B2B through creative strategies on social media, including LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, and other major platforms
- Ability to work on multiple projects with different objectives simultaneously
- A demonstrated ability to communicate, motivate, and inspire cross-functionally to complete projects
- Entrepreneurial spirit and flexibility to respond to changes in business priorities
- Experience with brand building, global marketing, and digital innovation
What We Offer
- Opportunity to join a high-growth business, launching into its next phase of rapid growth and transformation.
- A collaborative culture of intelligent, hard-working people that support one another to get the job done.
- An atmosphere of growth and opportunity where idea sharing is always prioritized over level or hierarchy.
- Full benefits package including retirement plan, flexible take-what-you-need vacation plan, and more.
- Great company culture – join our culture committee to help plan group activities and diversity and inclusion initiatives to celebrate our differences.
How to Apply