We’re Eargo and we’re on a mission to disrupt, innovate, and reimage the hearing industry. If you believe fun at work is non-negotiable and want to experience the joy of being a part of helping someone hear life to the fullest again— expect tears of joy— then this is the place for you!
Our passionate, fast-paced, energetic team is driven by the belief that people shouldn’t feel like they need a hearing aid—they should want one. So, if working with some of the coolest, most talented folks around and making an impact every single day sounds like a dream gig, then we want to hear from you!
The Content Strategist will plan, design, create, edit and publish relevant content based on Eargo’s business objectives and needs. This position is a blend of consumer insight (personas and trends) and SEO strategy, you will be developing content that not only hits consumer interest but is driven by SEO and business deliverables.
The Content Strategist will focus on content planning, which includes content creation, curation, planning, and research. As a Content Strategist at Eargo, you will have to brainstorm creative ways to engage our clients and produce engaging content.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform exhaustive research to gain in-depth knowledge of all customer personas.
- Perform extensive research and analysis on consumer thoughts and trends.
- Use your understanding of SEO, keyword research, information architecture, and usability best practices to deliver targeted content.
- Create specifications and content appropriate for the brand’s customer personas.
- Strategize content pillars and sub pillars.
- Plan the editorial calendar and content proposition.
- Collaborate with content management teams, creative teams, and writers to implement the writing style and tone for all content.
- Oversee writing style and tone for all content.
- Develop content governance guidelines for tone, style, and voice of all content, and ensuring they are followed.
- Develop editorial strategy, so content is consistent across all delivery platforms.
- Conduct periodic content audits.
- Track and calculate content ROI.
- Ensure that content strategy meets business objectives, including SEO strategy objectives.
- Strategize and improve content delivery and promotion.
- Analyze content marketing strategy to evaluate whether it’s working or not.
- Develop content strategies for traditional and digital marketing channels, and content marketing and distribution platforms.
- Use consumer analytics to determine the best way to engage users, increase customer loyalty, generate leads, and measure brand awareness.
- Work with cross-functional teams to establish and articulate internal and external key messages, and ensure that content is aligned accordingly.
- Work with editors, writers, UX designers, content management system developers, and marketers to deliver stories that are aligned with business goals.
- 3-5+ years experience and a Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, advertising, journalism, or related field.
- Proven content strategy and project management experience.
- Sound knowledge of content management systems, keyword research tools, social media platforms, search engine optimization (SEO), and search engine marketing (SEM).
- Highly adept at self-direction.
- The ability to work under pressure.
- Strong content presentation skills.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Exceptional marketing and collaborative skills.
- Effective communication skills
Salary: $63,000 – $92,000 plus bonus. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, your location, etc.
Eargo is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to hiring a diverse workforce. We welcome all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. We value unique contributions and openly welcome individuals of all perspectives, experience and backgrounds to apply!