Moving is considered one of the most stressful events in a person’s life.
Our goal at moveBuddha is to simplify that process and give people peace of mind that their move will go smoothly.
As our content specialist, you will be in charge of managing our blog and the types of posts we publish.
You’ll immerse yourself in our content strategy and ensure we’re answering the right questions, keeping our blog up to date, and helping our audience in creative ways.
A glimpse at your day as a Content Specialist
In this role, you’ll immerse yourself in our blog and own the posts we publish. On day-to-day, this might include tasks such as:
- Proofreading and copy-editing blog copy
- Identifying new opportunities to improve our posts
- Updating and enhancing the readability of our blog posts
- Optimizing blog posts for the right keywords and audience
- Adding relevant links and resources to posts
- Optimizing/improving the format of the posts in WordPress
- Creating briefs and assigning them to writers.
- Conducting industry research
- Connecting with moveBuddha users and sharing their moving stores
- Working with the content team and project manager to keep the calendar organized and ensure the process works efficiently.
- Collaborating with moveBuddha partners to understand their challenges and updates to their services.
As our ideal candidate, you…
Think outside the box. At this point, we’ve answered almost all of the most popular questions our readers have. We’re looking for someone who can identify new ways to engage with our target audience and come up with ideas for new campaigns or marketing angles.
Are an excellent writer. You’re a marketing professional looking to put your writing and content background to use. We’re looking for someone who can write and edit for clarity and publish posts that are easy for readers to understand.
You have fantastic research skills. A large part of this role is keeping a close eye on industry trends, our competitors, and partners. The ideal candidate has a research process and can immerse themselves in the industry to better understand our readers.
You’re excited to learn. This role comes with the opportunity to develop better marketing, management, and SEO skills. The right person will be excited to explore new avenues within this role and is eager to expand their knowledge and skillset.
You like telling stories that excite readers. We want our readers to leave our site feeling satisfied that we answered their questions and excited about the next phase of their life. You’ll find exciting stories and angles that help keep our readers engaged.
A few more things…
The benefits of working as our Content Specialist
- Work directly with our Head of Content to shape the future of our blog strategy
- The opportunity to grow into a managerial role
- Learn marketing and SEO best practices
Improve and refine your content management skills
- Gain hands-on experience using SEO and content marketing tools
- Be part of a lean, fast-growing team where you can have an impact on growth and innovation
- Learn how to collaborate with the development and design teams to improve user experience
What Success Looks Like
This role presents an opportunity to grow quickly and contribute to the long-term success of our blog. Growth will look different for each candidate, but here is a timeline of what you can expect the success of this role to look like:
1 month in: You’ve taken over the content production process and can fill the blog calendar. You own the process for editing and quality-checking posts. You can come up with, and brief new content ideas.
3 months in: You’re closely managing our content production process and keeping the blog calendar full and up to date. You provide feedback to our writers, checking that what we publish is high-quality. At this point, you will be familiar with our industry, competitors, and partners and working on ways to make sure everything we publish is consistent with industry standards.
6 months in: You’re highly familiar with the content development process. You fully understand the marketing goals and how the blog impacts those goals. You look for new angles to write about and contribute ideas to campaigns to engage our readers. You’re actively identifying ways to improve all of our posts. You’ve developed a process to consistently update older articles and identify new areas to develop our content further.
The ideal candidate for this position…
- Has experience working asynchronously and independently
- Can accommodate working within Eastern Time Zone hours
- Preferred has a Bachelor’s Degree (however, it’s not a requirement if you have relevant skills or experience)
The benefits of working at moveBuddha
moveBuddha helps people have a less stressful moving experience by simplifying the process and helping them find the right moving service to suit their needs.
We’ve helped thousands of people move over the past five years by creating high-quality posts that speak to people who want to simplify their moving process. We’re growing quickly and excited to explore new avenues of storytelling and continue to expand on our content strategies. Learn more about us here: https://www.movebuddha.com/
We know starting a new job requires taking a leap of faith. We want you to be excited about being part of the moveBuddha team.
Why you’ll love working at moveBuddha
- Growth: We’re a lean yet powerful team and growing quickly. A small team means the opportunity to be involved in multiple projects and learn about different parts of the business.
- Culture: We believe in work-life balance and rewarding hard work in the form of time off, bonuses, company game nights, and other incentives.
- Empowerment: We want to empower our team to grow in their role and take ownership of projects and provide them with the tools and resources they need
- Communication: We don’t believe in micromanaging. We’re looking for team members who can work asynchronously and collaborate across departments.
- Benefits: We offer a competitive salary and consistent opportunities to earn bonuses. moveBuddha has an unlimited PTO policy to encourage a healthy work-life balance.
- Location: We’re a fully remote company based out of Georgia.