Contract Content QA Analyst ($47k to $80k)
Content QA Analyst (Contractor) (Virtual)
Job Category: Product Development
Requisition Number: CONTE030282
Over 20 years ago, Stride was founded to provide personalized learning powered by technology. We reached students where they were in their own journeys. We knocked down their barriers to great education. And we gave every learner equal opportunity to succeed however they defined success. Stride innovated the learning experience with online and blended learning that prepared them for their lives ahead.
Stride is a community of passionate leaders. Whether teachers, engineers, curriculum writers, or financial managers whatever your expertise or role, we all work to empower futures through learning. And changing the trajectory of learning itself is one of our greatest missions. Join us in developing more effective ways to learn and helping learners build the skills and confidence they need to make their way forward in life.
Drawing on a broad range of instructional and technical abilities, the Content QA Analyst plays an instrumental role in ensuring quality across our proprietary and third-party products.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Conduct content quality assurance testing on digital-based course assets across multiple points in the production cycle.
- With strong attention to detail, review course assets for grammar, internal consistency, a11y, and adherence to style and design guides. Ensure LMS platform settings and functionality are correct. Produce a concise and complete deficiency report for use by the development team.
- Work with the development team to remedy any deficiencies or defects.
- Effectively and clearly communicate project status, issues, and information, both verbally and in writing.
- Identify emerging issues from the review process that may lead to new requirements that will need to be incorporated into future versions of process documents.
- Share and contribute ideas to improve the quality assurance process.
- Adheres to Stride’s defined policies and procedures.
- Based on institutional experience, consistently and dependably produces results by applying specialized knowledge, skills, and experience.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no formal supervisory responsibilities.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in instructional design, e-learning, or a curriculum-related field with 13 years of related experience; OR
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
Certificates and Licenses: None required.
OTHER REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Familiarity with the K-12 education space and/or online learning environment, with an understanding of curriculum concepts (e.g., objective-based learning, etc.).
- Experience providing a high level of detail while reviewing web-based materials for grammar, continuity, content completeness, a11y, and functionality.
- Experience in proofreading/copyediting content.
- Strong command of English grammar, including knowledge of spelling, punctuation, and syntax rules.
- Experience in reviewing/testing the functionality and usability of online content.
- A passion for product improvement and user satisfaction is highly desired.
- A flexible self-starter who can work effectively independently and as part of a team in a 100% virtual position and with a proven track record of meeting deadlines.
- Ability to effectively and clearly communicate project status, issues, and information, both verbally and in writing
- Detail and process improvement oriented
- Experience working with one or more Learning Management Systems (LMS).
- Knowledge of tools, concepts, and methodologies of editing/content QA.
- Experience using Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, etc.), Web proficiency.
- Familiarity with communication tools such as Teams, Slack, Zoom, or similar.
- Ability to clear required background check.
- Administrative experience with Learning Management Systems (LMS)
- Experience with content management systems
- Experience with ticketing systems (e.g., JIRA, etc.)
- Familiarity with the Chicago Manual of Style
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position is virtual and open to residents of the 50 states, D.C.
Compensation & Benefits: Stride, Inc. considers a person’s education, experience, and qualifications, as well as the position’s work location, expected quality and quantity of work, required travel (if any), external market and internal value when determining a new employee’s salary level. Salaries will differ based on these factors, the position’s level and expected contribution, and the employee’s benefits elections. Offers will typically be in the bottom half of the range.
- We anticipate the salary range to be $47,926.88 to $80,487.25. Eligible employees may receive a bonus. This salary is not guaranteed, as an individual’s compensation can vary based on several factors. These factors include, but are not limited to, geographic location, experience, training, education, and local market conditions. Stride offers a robust benefits package for eligible employees that can include health benefits, retirement contributions, and paid time off.
The above job is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor. All employment is at-will as governed by the law of the state where the employee works. It is further understood that the at-will nature of employment is one aspect of employment that cannot be changed except in writing and signed by an authorized officer.
Stride, Inc. is a Federal Contractor, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status age, or genetics, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities