Content Operations Manager
We’re expanding our presence in the blogging and WordPress communities, bringing new products on board, and we need your help to make that happen. We’re looking for someone to join our team and take the role of blog operations manager.
Most of the content we publish touches on topics like: WordPress, website building, domains, web tools, web hosting, and more; plus original types of content such as surveys, case studies, and interviews. We publish 20+ articles per week across the web properties and blogs in our portfolio.
You’ll take a role in managing our content creation workflow and making sure that every week we have enough content lined up for publication. You’ll also take part in our content calendar planning and setting the direction for blog content going forward.
You are free to work whenever and wherever suits you best. However, we do ask for a few hours of overlap each day to coordinate with the team.
This position is intended to start as part time – estimated starting at 20 hours a week with potential of increasing to full time.
What You’ll Be Doing
Depending on your skills and experience, you will be doing some or all of the following:
- Taking care of our content calendar – managing the flow of posts, making sure each of our blogs has enough content coming in every week.
- Doing keyword research, suggesting new topics based on our content guidelines and strategy.
- Taking part in developing content strategies for our websites.
- Identifying content gaps and opportunities.
- Keeping track of deadlines and communicating them to writers.
- Creating content briefs and outlines based on goals set and research.
- Doing initial review of new content – verifying if it was written according to the brief.
- Publishing new content on the blogs.
- Managing our content updates workflow – coordinating work on existing content to bring it up to date – based on set processes and guidelines.
- Optimizing content before publication (in terms of SEO, presentation).
- Coordinating email marketing and newsletter projects.
- Analyzing the results of our content in terms of traffic, search engine position.
- Two years of experience in a content manager or similar role (blog manager).
- Basic knowledge of WordPress – working with WordPress interfaces, creating content, putting together a well-structured post. Experience with the block editor in WordPress.
- Good keyword research skills – identifying keywords, matching to search intent, evaluating keyword difficulty.
- Good grasp of technical SEO (links, images, metadata, structured data).
- Must be able to understand (and preferably write) English on an advanced level.
- Ability to create professional-looking screenshots.
- Must be highly detail oriented and organized, especially when it comes to managing workflows involving a lot of moving parts – different deadlines, tasks, articles, people writing them.
- Good at project management. Can communicate with multiple people involved in a project and manage the rest of the workflow based on input from those people.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent team collaboration skills.
- Availability to take part in weekly meetings.
Nice to Have
- Experience managing WordPress infrastructure, configuring plugins, working with basic WordPress code, optimizing a WordPress site.
- Experience writing content for the web and/or editing it.
- Understanding of the WordPress niche, web hosting, domain names, and web software niches (like email marketing, website builder platforms, etc.).
- Experience with email marketing and newsletter tools.
- Experience with Google Analytics.
- A basic grasp of HTML and CSS.
- Experience with tools like Canva.
Other Details About The Position
- Type of contract: per hour – part time to full time volume
- Location: remote
- Salary range: $20-$45 / hour depending on candidate’s experience
- Recruitment process steps: application form, pre-screening, interview, trial period.