Content Marketing Strategist
We aim to be the leading charter bus platform in the world and are looking for talented and ambitious people that want to be along for the ride! We are disrupting the massive and highly fragmented bus industry by using our proprietary technology to seamlessly connect bus companies to customers (businesses, non-profits, and governments).
By promoting group travel, we can reduce the transportation industry’s carbon footprint and help make our planet greener. We are achieving success by delighting our people, our customers, and our bus partners.
About this Role
The Content Marketing Strategist will be responsible for crafting compelling content that informs, engages and persuades key audiences, resulting in increased web traffic and marketing sourced leads. Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the ideal candidate understands the fundamentals of B2B content strategy and will collaborate with a team of internal stakeholders to produce targeted, action-oriented content with prospective clients at each stage of the buyer’s journey.
What You’ll Do
- Lead ideation and creation of long- and short-form content across owned and earned channels, including white papers, case studies, blog posts, website copy, landing pages, external articles, emails, infographics, one-pagers, and product/service descriptions
- Craft copy that stands out and engages with various target audiences, driving click-throughs and marketing qualified leads
- Independently create content pieces based on briefs, personas, an understanding of the marketing funnel & buyer journey, and other background material
- Revise and optimize dated content using information gathered from SEO research
- Maintain a consistent brand voice across all mediums
- Assist in crafting engaging, persuasive, “shareable” social media content, eventually managing social channels
- Work with freelancers as new content needs increase
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Marketing or related field.
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience
- Portfolio with previous writing examples
- Adept at managing multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment with limited internal reviews
- Ability to effectively elicit feedback from key stakeholders and quickly integrate into content projects
- Experience writing SEO-optimized content
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in AP Style with excellent attention to detail, editing and proofreading skills
- Passion for CharterUP’s mission and intellectual curiosity about CharterUP’s business
We are fully remote, employees can continue to work remotely full-time or on a hybrid schedule from one of CharterUP’s offices in Atlanta, New York City, San Francisco, Austin or Miami (2-3 times a week in the office during spring and fall; winter and summer fully-remote).
At CharterUP, we don’t compromise on quality. We hire smart, high-energy, trustworthy people and keep them as motivated and happy as possible. Do that by adhering to our principles, which are:
1. Customer First
- We always think about how our decisions will impact our clients; earning and keeping customer trust is our top priority
- We are not afraid of short-term pain for long-term customer benefit
2. Create an Environment for Exceptional People
- We foster intellectual curiosity
- We identify top performers, mentor them, and empower them to achieve
- Every hire and promotion will have a higher standard
3. Everyone is an Entrepreneur / Owner
- No team member is defined by their function or job title; no job is beneath anyone
- We do more with less; we are scrappy and inventive
- We think long-term
4. Relentlessly High Standards
- We don’t accept “that’s how it’s always been done”; we constantly innovate and question established routines to improve processes
- We actively push to be proved wrong and welcome different ideas; the best idea wins
- We don’t compromise on quality
5. Clarity & Speed
- When in doubt, we act; we can always change course
- We focus on the key drivers of a process that will deliver the most results
6. Mandate to Dissent & Commit
- We are confident in expressing our opinions; it is our obligation to express our disagreement
- Once we decide, we enthusiastically move together in the agreed upon direction.