Full-Time Content Marketing Manager
At Horizon, we’re building a new dimension where Internet economies are fun, accessible, and for the benefit of all participants.
We have two amazing products to make this real: Sequence, the all-in-one developer platform + smart wallet that makes building web3 games and applications easy. Skyweaver, a digital trading card game—powered by Sequence—where players can win, own, and trade their NFT/SFT game items. Sequence is poised to drive web3 adoption on a massive scale by making blockchain easy, fun and powerful for users and developers. And, Skyweaver is a groundbreaking video game with an unprecedented player-owned economy, novel gameplay, and an already fervent community. While the challenge is hard, we find it incredibly fun. And, we have the ingredients to make it happen: a well-capitalized company with some of the best investors in the world, including Brevan Howard Digital, Take-Two Interactive Software Inc., Coinbase, Ubisoft, Polygon, Morgan Creek Digital, Initialized, BITKRAFT, and more; an amazing team of leaders in the web3 space; engineers who have built widely popular open source; a former top McKinsey strategy consultant; gaming industry veterans; and founders who have built and sold successful companies. You’ll get to work with and learn from them all. Learn more at https://horizon.io/
About the Role
Sequence makes building great web3 games, apps, and experiences easy for developers of all sizes and experience levels. The community building with Sequence loves it, and it’s time to hit the gas on our marketing initiatives to make sure everyone building in the web3 space knows about—and uses!—Sequence.
We’re looking for an experienced Brand Content Marketing Manager to join our growing Sequence marketing team and to play a key role in defining and growing our brand content marketing efforts. The Brand Content Marketing Manager we’re looking for understands the power of brand and content marketing, loves working cross-functionally with both internal teams and external agencies, and is excited about the opportunity to grow a function from the ground up.
The ideal candidate has several years of experience in content and/or brand marketing. They thrive working in a remote-first environment and collaborating virtually with colleagues and partners alike. They are a strong writer and communicator and they can project manage like a pro. While they don’t have to be an expert in web3 or gaming (yet!), they will have a deep-seated curiosity and desire to learn.
We’re looking for someone who is comfortable being both hands-on and strategic. You will collaborate on building the brand content marketing strategy and you will be empowered to execute it. This means you’ll work closely with our external agencies to define how to best approach brand content marketing at Sequence to drive our business goals forward, and then take that strategy and bring it to life.
You will report to our Director of Product Marketing for Sequence and be part of the Sequence marketing team. Your work will be incredibly cross-functional and you can expect to work closely with our agencies, our business development team, and our product team.
This role offers a unique opportunity to make a huge impact at a growing company in a rapidly-scaling sector. The projects you’ll work on have the potential to affect hundreds of millions of people around the world. You will be a key asset in making web3 accessible to people worldwide.
Ultimately, your responsibility, in collaboration with leadership, is to develop and execute Sequence brand content marketing strategies that drive results. We anticipate that will look like:
**CONTENT MARKETING STRATEGY DEVELOPMENT & EXECUTION, 70% **Build and oversee innovative multi-channel user engagement and content strategiesOwn the brand content marketing calendar – this includes collaborating on content ideas, building campaign plans, and working cross-functionally to bring it all to lifeOwn, develop, and execute social media content calendars for our Sequence brandCollaborate with our external marketing agency to create multi-channel distribution plans that leverage channels’ strengthsCollaborate with members of the marketing team to ensure alignment on communication and engagement strategyBuild positive and transparent relationships, ensuring goals and KPIs are metDevelop and continually refine our brand content marketing processes to help scale our effortsBe willing to jump in and support the production of content yourself, whether writing blogs, hosting Twitter spaces, or helping with video scripts, etc.
CONTENT PROJECT MANAGEMENT, 25% Lead marketing content production, content coordination, and creative asset production management for Sequence Help with managing media campaign assets, from submitting briefs to ensuring assets are on-brand Brief agencies, media, and/or internal resources for the production of content and assets Serve as a key partner to agencies and internal production, including sending assets, providing consolidated feedback, routing creative to internal team for approval, etc.
REPORTING & ANALYSIS, 5% Use data-informed decision making to optimize marketing and dev community content planning and execution; craft and share post-mortems with insights and next steps.
What You Bring
- At least 3 years experience in a content marketing, brand marketing, or similar role
- Experience working with and managing external marketing agencies and freelancers
- The ability to multitask, manage priorities and concurrent projects, and meet deadlines in a busy and ever-changing environment
- A positive, team-oriented attitude, with strong English verbal and written communication skills, and excellent interpersonal skills
- Comfort taking initiative and making effective decisions under pressure
- Strong knowledge of online culture, blockchain, and crypto communities and channelsAbility to convey how blockchain, decentralization, and web3 can deliver growth for brands and companies
- Extensive knowledge of social media networks and best practices for engaging users on them: Twitter, LinkedIn, Discord, Reddit
- Knowledge of digital tactics, search, email, online video, and campaign performance managementKnowledge of industry best practices, including content delivery standards, usability, and SEO
- Experience working in a fast-paced, start-up environment – bonus points if it was in the gaming or web3 space
- Knowledge of the web3 space is a major plus, but a willingness to quickly learn about web3 trends, competitors and industry standards in order to inform and shape your strategies is a must
$90,000 – $100,000 a year
- A chance to deliver massive impact at a small and quickly growing company
- Work on hard, big, meaningful problems that can shift markets
- Competitive salary and equity package
- Accelerate your career by joining at the early stages
- Be part of defining web3, the next generation of the Internet, and creating symbiotic economies where both users and creators share in the value generated by networks
- Work with an outstanding team made of wonderful people who have built and sold successful companies, launched amazing products, and have rich experience in infrastructure, architecture, blockchain, games, finance, investing, strategy, consulting, design, marketing, community, and more.
- Work-life balance unlike the “crunch” culture you find at larger studios
- New PC, and generous allowance for work-from-home setup
- Extensive health benefits for Canadian employees
- We’re conscious about mental health and have modern vacation policies
- We invest in everyone’s personal development
- Learn more about our values and the traits we embody at https://careers.horizon.io/
We are committed to diversity and encourage applicants from all backgrounds, genders and faiths. While we’re building incredible products, we also want to add to our wonderful team and company. The best way to do that is to attract talented folks from all areas and to have their experiences inform their work.