Content Marketing Manager
We’re looking for an experienced, creative content marketing manager to help us plan and create effective content for landing pages, email campaigns, and articles. Our goal is to send clear messages, tailored for our key customer segments and markets. In our case, that means podcasters, video creators, and just about anybody making video at work. You should understand and care about A/B testing messaging through different media (like landing pages and emails), and producing acquisition-focused content. The ability to do that stuff and add something unique, surprising, and creative is a huge plus.
- 4-6 years of experience writing SEO content that draws readers and helps convert them into customers
- Some experience setting SEO strategy aimed at customer acquisition
- Demonstrated ability to clearly, concisely, effectively convey product messages and attributes with empathy and creativity
- Ability to convert sophisticated, occasionally abstract technology concepts into compelling language for creators
- Ability to write quickly without sacrificing quality or missing key ideas
- Comfortable working collaboratively or flying solo depending on the situation
- Plan and write SEO landing pages, from keyword research to full drafts of landing pages
- Write email campaigns, and help our teams learn what messages resonate best for each segment
- Plan & execute a process for creating SEO blog articles and either write them yourself or recruit and assign writers
- Become familiar with Descript’s features, and master the language that will be most successful with educating and converting customers
- Collaborate with growth, acquisition, and content marketing leads and teammates to set creative strategy for campaigns
- Use customer and data insights to inspire creative concepts
- Measure and track performance of campaigns to optimize messaging based on data-driven outcomes such as engagement rates or lift on business or product metrics
- Collaborate with marketers across different stages of the customer journey, from acquisition to engagement to resurrection
- Stay up to date with the most modern best practices for SEO and content tools
- Collaborate with content team on creative ways to elevate Descript brand by gaining creators’ trust, serving up the information they’re seeking, and sometimes surprising them with creative, unconventional, or even subversive moments
The base salary range for this role is $106,250-$125,000. Final offer amounts will carefully consider multiple factors, including prior experience, expertise, and location, and they may vary from the amount above.
Descript is building a simple, intuitive, fully-powered editing tool for video and audio — an editing tool built for the age of AI. We are a team of 100 — with a proven CEO and the backing of some of the world’s greatest investors (OpenAI, Andreessen Horowitz, Redpoint Ventures, Spark Capital).
Descript is the special company that’s in possession of both product market fit and the raw materials (passionate user community, great product, large market) for growth, but is still early enough that each new employee has a measurable influence on the direction of the company.
Benefits include a generous healthcare package, catered lunches, and flexible vacation time. We currently have offices in San Francisco and Montreal, and are open to folks working remotely between PT and ET time zones. Whether you love WFH or can’t wait to get back to being in person, we’re interested in offering an environment that works for you.
Descript is an equal opportunity workplace—we are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. We believe in actively building a team rich in diverse backgrounds, experiences, and opinions to better allow our employees, products, and community to thrive.