Blueboard is an employee recognition and incentives platform powered by hand-curated experiences. Our platform makes it easy for companies to give meaningful rewards, incentives, and gifts—from one-of-a-kind to once-in-a-lifetime experiences. From a luxurious spa day to a trip around the world to see the Northern Lights to a family adventure behind-the-scenes at a local aquarium, we make it simple for companies to give their top performers memorable, meaningful, and personalized experiences. With Blueboard, employees enjoy incredible experiential rewards, and our clients increase employee engagement and elevate their team cultures.
Born and raised in San Francisco, Blueboard launched in 2014 and now serves hundreds of clients across the world. Our global team is over 100 Blueboarders strong, and we are thrilled to be a Great Place to Work, as well as one of Fortune’s Top 100 Workplaces. We are venture-backed by Greycroft, Origin Ventures, Bullpen Capital and others, with offices in San Francisco, San Diego, and Europe. Learn more at Blueboard.com.
We are building a team rich in diverse talents and experiences, and we welcome all applicants. If you’re not sure whether you’re qualified, but you’re passionate about Blueboard, we encourage you to apply!
About This Role
We’re seeking an experienced content marketer who is both an operational wizz and an engaging storyteller. You’ll be a critical member of Blueboard’s content team, helping to deliver on our vision of creating valuable, relevant, and consistent content that educates, inspires action, and ultimately makes someone feel something.
Beyond serving as our lead in-house writer and editor, we’re looking for someone with an operational mindset and rigor who can work closely with our Director of Content to scale our content marketing engine. You’ll help to inform our content roadmap and scale the resources required to execute great work. Content plays a critical role in achieving our revenue goals, and we’re excited to bring on an engaged team player who is hungry to build rapport with our audience through content as we move through our next stage of company growth.
You are a relationship-driven and collaborative teammate. This role will partner closely with leaders across our Marketing, Sales, Client Experience, and Account Management functions to deliver content that helps us increase brand discoverability, generate demand and pipeline, and enable our sales reps to close ideal clients. This role reports to our Director of Content.
Your Responsibilities Will Include
- Support the Director of Content in informing, managing, and executing against Blueboard’s strategic content roadmap, including content process and task management.
- Serve as lead writer and editor, balancing heads-down time to contribute your own work with recruiting and managing outside freelancers to grow our capacity.
- Lead the creation of a range of content assets, focusing on long-form content (video, blogs, eBooks, sales collateral, and web pages).
- Enable Blueboard content creators (freelance writers, internal writers, video producer(s), etc.) with clear content assignments aligned to overall content objectives.
- Work closely with members of the Marketing and broader Growth teams to develop and execute content-based campaigns that support key business goals, from brand building to product and sales enablement.
- Collaborate around and support the creation of ad copy, webinar content strategy, email nurture, video, and social media.
- Collaborate with the Demand Gen team to optimize content delivery and amplification by implementing best practices and testing various content formats and distribution channels with various target audience segments.
- Report on content performance and work with the Director of Content to evaluate content success and iterate to achieve the best results.
- Gain an understanding of the motivations and behaviors of our target audience(s) to increase the relevance and effectiveness of your ideas.
- Learn, maintain, and evolve the Blueboard voice in collaboration with others, and comfortably vary voice, style and other characteristics according to funnel stage and target audience.
- Prioritize your work and communicate those priorities to the many people who will want you to help them. Manage your time well.
Your Skills and Qualifications
- 5+ years in a content marketing role, preferably with experience in a Series A or later stage B2B startup environment.
- Bonus! You’ve had experience writing for the human capital management and/or the rewards and recognition space.
- You’re a natural storyteller and at the end of the day, a great writer. Writing is your passion, and you’ve learned how to make words on a page generate engagement and action.
- Proven work experience managing content strategy with a campaign-based, insights-led approach and a portfolio to back it up.
- Understanding of SEO best practices and experience writing content that achieves organic demand generation KPIs.
- You’re comfortable working within Webflow or comparable CMS.
- Working knowledge of design and editorial principles for both traditional and digital-first content.
- A team player with a proven track record of successfully working cross-functionally to hit shared goals.
- Agile, adaptive, and comfortable working in a performance-oriented, fast-moving startup environment.
- You’re a keen observer of the human condition, constantly seeking to understand why people do the things they do.