Content Marketing Lead
As a Content Marketing Lead, you’ll be an integral part of the marketing team by developing the content strategy and producing content across first-party and third-party channels to help them communicate more consistently with diverse audiences.
At Level, we believe using your benefits should be as easy as buying a cup of coffee. We’re unlocking the full value of compensation by rebuilding benefits as a simple payments experience — fast, flexible, and transparent. Our mission is to empower people to build better financial futures, and we’re accomplishing that by transforming the status quo of benefits.
Level is a B2B2C fintech company comprised of a diverse team from industry-leading companies like Square, Oscar, Google, Uber, and Airbnb. Together, we’re creating a new payments tech stack to help employers offer more accessible and personalized benefits for their teams — and this is just the beginning.
At Level, collaboration is our superpower. By leveraging each other’s strengths and curiosity, we’ve been able to build a best-in-class product, culture, and business. Plus, our employee benefits are so awesome that we let our customers buy them too.
Who We’re Looking For
As the Content Marketing Lead, you will be an integral part of the Marketing team by developing our content strategy and producing content across first- and third-party channels to help us communicate more consistently with our various audiences. The person best fit for this role is comfortable working autonomously and collaboratively, can navigate ambiguity, and thrives in a scrappy, startup environment.
What You’ll Do
- Create a consistent, repeatable, and creative content strategy to drive awareness and engagement with target audiences and position Level as a leader in the industry
- Write concise, engaging, and original copy for our content channels (blog, social, webinars, campaigns, etc.) as well as external and internal communications
- Identify new creative angles and methods for telling Level’s story across various audiences and media
- Build and manage a content calendar to provide all cross-functional teams with visibility into our content engine
- Partner closely with Brand to help define our brand voice and writing standards
- Partner with Brand, Product Marketing, and Growth Marketing to strategize and write effective content for various formats, from website to email campaigns to press releases and thought leadership pieces
- Establish strong partnerships with Design and Marketing to streamline content creation processes
- Work closely with Sales and Account Management to understand the market’s goals, concerns, and communities in order to shape content strategy
- Collaborate with Account Management to identify and execute on opportunities to better educate and support our customers and members
- Stay up to date with industry trends, including ground-breaking ideas, emerging technologies, and business solutions and share with relevant teams at Level
Who You Are
- You are an experienced B2B or SaaS writer who can deliver both short- and long-form pieces
- You are a strategist who dives deeply into understanding our business and various audiences
- You are a self-starter and are excited about the opportunity to build a content marketing practice from the ground up
- You are a curious person who wants to “get under the hood” and “geek out” about what makes Level stand out in market
- You pride yourself on being as creative as you are strategic when it comes to content creation
- You thrive in a fast-paced, highly-collaborative start-up environment
- You’re able to juggle multiple priorities across several stakeholders
- You have an ownership mentality, eager to grow in and make an impact at an early-stage company. No task is too small for you, as you tackle strategic ideation through detailed execution
What We Offer
- Competitive salary and equity
- Remote first, with an office in NYC as an option to come in
- 100% paid medical for you and 80% for your dependents, 100% covered dental and vision through Level for you and your dependents
- Flexible paid time off: take the time you need when you need it! Plus, get up to 10 days of paid sick leave per year
- Fully paid parental leave: up to 14 weeks for primary and 8 weeks for secondary caregivers
- Food, wellness, and office funds via our own Level product
- Quarterly company sponsored events
- Internal learning and development programs
- Have the chance to work at a leading innovator and trailblazer in the world of benefits and payment
Level is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment for all. Please apply to this role if you feel you are a good fit, regardless of your race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other perceived limiting factor. We welcome applicants from all walks of life.
E-Verify Program Participant: Level participates in the Department of Homeland Security U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services’ E-Verify program (For U.S. based applicants and employees only).
Please click below to learn more about the E-Verify program: