Content Marketing Coordinator
FULL-TIME CONTENT MARKETING COORDINATOR
- Marketing & Communications
- Remote job
ABOUT Penny Appeal USA:
Penny Appeal USA is a relief and development agency that delivers a range of poverty alleviation programs in over 30 countries, including here in the USA. We pride ourselves on the impact we have, from the sustainable economic development programs we implement, to our rapid emergency relief programs. We are one of the fastest growing nonprofits in our sector, with a fast-paced working environment. When a crisis hits internationally, we respond immediately. Aside from emergency relief, our marketing calendar is packed full of creative campaigns, events, and unique projects, all aimed at helping the most vulnerable.
The Content Marketing Coordinator will be responsible for creating and executing our organization’s social program’s strategy and growth, as we expand our brand across social platforms. This team member will own the entire creation and execution of the social program, including scheduling posts, promoting content, setting the social content calendar, reporting, campaign creation, and more. You are a self-starter with excellent communication skills, and a passion for building brand voice and recognition through social media. This role will report to the Head of
Marketing and Communications.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of Penny Appeal USA’s social media channels, including Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, and more.
- Focus on social engagement by utilizing creative thinking and ideas, as well as alignment to our brand.
- Support the day-to-day workflow of content needs for a social calendar, adjusting copy and tactics for regions and various brand activations.
- Play a key role in setting goals, devising strategies, and identifying tactics for social-first initiatives, utilizing evidence-based analysis.
- Translate our brand and messaging into the appropriate social media look, feel, and wording to bring engaging social content activated at the right time, and on the right channels.
- Monitor performance data and trends to guide the team by owning reporting and channel analysis.
- Provide regular reports to the marketing team to continually optimize social activity.
- Draft social media posts, blogs, email campaign copy, news releases another communication materials.
- Additional responsibilities related to business needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, or a related field is required; Master’s degree a plus.
- 2-4 years of proven experience in delivering marketing strategies that have increased lead generation or revenue activity.
- 2+ years of experience in direct-to-consumer digital marketing.
- Approximately 36 years of experience in writing/editing, communications, and/or marketing/PR.
- Excellent verbal communication, writing, and editing skills.
- Strong project management, time management, and organizational skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Familiarity with AP Style.