Full-Time Content Marketing ($85k to $100k)
We’ve built a collaborative, tight-knit team that thrives, whether we’re hanging out in person at our annual retreat or coordinating work across time zones. The results show that we’re doing something right — as we’ve won numerous workplace awards over the years. Most recently in 2021 we were certified as a Great Place to Work, and in 2022 we were listed again in Parity.org’s list of Best Companies for Women to Advance.
We believe that everything we build — and the people we build it with — has the potential to change the world. Our client list includes numerous well-known brands determined to leverage the power of IoT to drive material outcomes — such as Vizio, Peloton, Clear, iHeart Radio and Fellowes. Our goal, for each and every client we partner with, is to create high-value solutions through a collaborative and user-centered process.
About This Role
Do you love building a content marketing strategy that drives business results? If so, Very is looking for someone like you! The Senior Manager of Content Marketing will be responsible for developing and implementing a content calendar with a broad array of goals, including organic website growth, lead generation, sales enablement, and product marketing support. Reporting to the CMO, this collaborative role will work cross-functionally with teams across the organization and closely with the demand generation, brand, and product marketing teams to help fuel our growth.
Lead content marketing for Very with responsibility for the following:
- Lead the strategy of the web and content marketing for Very and ensure each piece and channel reflects the brand’s voice and tone.
- Manage a team of internal resources & freelancers (writers, designers, and video editors), ensuring each person’s work product is of the highest quality
- Oversee marketing activities across earned and owned media. Cultivate and demonstrate a strong understanding of the IT, engineering and custom development space. Empower your team to identify new and creative ways to engage and educate our ICP. This position will oversee content across all channels: web, email, social media channels, PR strategy, paid ads, and email.
- Manage the production of all content, including case studies, blog posts, white papers, videos, webinars, email campaigns, etc.
- Strong ability to create, review, edit, and activate content across platforms
- Work with the marketing leadership team to create an annual content calendar, informed by quarterly content themes and Very’s ICP’s.
- Collaborate with the Field Marketing Specialist to develop event talk topics that align with the overarching content strategy
- Ensure all content is created with SEO, content categorization, and success measurement best practices in mind
- Identify content goals and continuously optimize for best content performance and content that generates leads and SQLs
- Ensure content is aligned to company strategy and brand guidelines
- Lead one of our agile marketing pods, which consists of cross-functional team members to generate high-quality content for integrated marketing campaigns.
- Set & track against meaningful success criteria. Set clear objectives for the content deliverables created, and ensure you have the right tracking in place to report on them and progress.
- Help the marketing team hit monthly and quarterly SQL and Pipeline targets. We view content as a big contributing factor (the fuel) we need to do many other things in marketing. Having a strong content partner is vital to marketing achieving its KPIs.
- Create high-quality content deliverables that meet and exceed standards, rank highly (from an organic perspective and aid our team in keeping CPLs low from a paid perspective).
- Ensure projects are executed on time and on budget using an agile methodology of project management.
The successful candidate will be enterprising, collaborative, and personable and have these qualifications:
- 6-10 years of experience in content creation and management
- 3+ years in people leadership
- Experience managing creative freelancers or agencies through the use of creative briefs
- Proven success in B2B content marketing with an understanding of goal setting, KPI measurement, and reporting
- Capacity to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive mindset and eagerness to continually learn and improve
- Experience with Hubspot or other marketing automation software
- Familiar with a project management tool like Clickup or similar software
- Experience working in a fast-paced, always changing environment
- Experience taking initiative, working independently and actively to resolve issues, and taking ownership of projects and processes
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Experienced in project management and agile methodologies
- Experience with implementing SEO best practices
- Experience with WordPress or other CMS
- Experience writing for different personas throughout the buyer’s journey
Unfortunately, applicants not meeting these criteria will not be considered.
Ideal Additional Qualifications/Experience
- BA/BS degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or Management
- Familiarity with the Internet of Things (IoT) space
On-Target Earnings (OTE) $85-$100k CAD
We Also Offer World-class Perks
- Extended Health Care Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Paid Parental Leave
- Life Insurance / AD+D
- Registered Retirement Service Plan RRSP = 25% / Match- $1 CAD for every $4 CAD contributed.
- USD $600/yr Home Office Stipend for your home office/workstation.
- $2,500 yearly stipend for continuous education upon one year of employment.
- USD $150/mo Monthly Communications Stipend (Can be used towards Cell Phone Data Plan, WiFi Plan, VOIP, VPN)
- Annual company trip, all expenses paid.
- MacBook Pro (loaned)
Why Work for Very
You are more than your job title. At Very, we prioritize talent development and professional growth with a human-first approach that caters to the unique goals each individual brings to the team.
Our core value, Invest in Our People, looks like collaborating with a cohort of talented people on a mission to get better every single day. It feels like working for a company that invests in you. And it means finding alignment with your career goals to get you where you want to be. How do we bring our priorities to life? Of course we offer the typical world-class perks you would expect. Additionally, as a remote-first company (since 2011), we provide stipends for home office, telephone, and internet. Professional development funds and generous parental leave are also some of the benefits you can expect.
But a healthy company culture isn’t just about perks. It’s about creating an environment where our employees can thrive. Our work is fueled by smart, creative people whose lives are enriched by our experiences together. We learn together, we grow together, and we play together. Despite working across more than half a dozen countries, our teams connect regularly for work and for fun – on Slack, Zoom, and during an annual retreat. We’ve been remote-first from the beginning, so we know well what it takes to maintain a strong culture. #LI-Remote
- This job is to work for a US company. An advanced level of English is a must. Please refrain from applying if this is not your case.
- We currently don’t offer work visa sponsorship. Do not apply if you require it to stay in Canada.
- This job is remote but if you’re located in the province of Quebec, we cannot accept your application at this time. This is due to Quebec’s labor laws.
- The region/country on the post’s title is not related to the location of the clients we serve. It’s a reference to the residence location of the applicant. All of Very’s clients are North America-based.
- Delivery team members may be required to travel up to 10% of the time. As a client services organization, this is expected.
Interviewing for a new company is a serious time commitment for all parties involved. Please take the time to read this and thoughtfully consider if we would be a good fit for one another. No contractors or agencies. Seriously. #LI-Remote