Content Editor (Hybrid or Remote) required at Kalkomey Enterprises which is the trusted guide to outdoor success. Our platform connects millions of people to the outdoors every year and we are the leading provider of safety-related education for outdoor recreational activities such as hunting, fishing, boating, snowmobiling and more in North America. Since our founding in 1995, our industry and product expertise has grown such that today we offer over 360 high-quality online and in-person educational courses, a suite of integrated web and mobile applications, and resources tailored to ensure our outdoor enthusiasts recreate safely and successfully.
Kalkomey believes passionately that experiencing the outdoors improves our lives as individuals, families, and communities. We leverage our strong foundation in recreational safety education to become the trusted guide for consumers to experience success in all facets of their outdoor endeavors. And as passionate as we are in our mission, we are as equally passionate about fostering a work environment that supports our employees’ own strengths and personal passions.
Kalkomey is seeking a Content Editor to help maintain our educational materials: online courses, printed student manuals, handbooks, instructor guides, and certification exams. This position requires editing, proofreading, and writing to update existing materials and polish new content. Attention to detail is key in this role, but you will also work alongside a close-knit group of editors and designers, so strong communication and time management skills will also be important!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Edit and revise educational materials using the company style guide, as well as Chicago style.
- Input and maintain content for online courses using a proprietary learning management system.
- Carefully proofread for grammar, spelling, punctuation, style, and formatting errors.
- Revise and rewrite content to ensure clarity in communication and consistency in products.
- Obtain copyright permissions from the owner, as necessary.
- Organize materials into a logical order for presentation to students.
- Research topics to ensure accuracy of content.
- Collaborate with other Content team members to ensure educational materials are updated consistently.
- Manage various files and projects, maintaining an archival history and file versions.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree, preferably in English, Communications, or related field
- 0-3 years experience in Content Editing
- Strong attention to detail and a keen eye for editing
- Ability to work both independently and as a team
- Familiarity with Adobe products, specifically Adobe Acrobat
- Familiarity with basic HTML principles
- Proficiency with Mac, as well as the Microsoft Office Suite
- Desire to learn and immerse yourself into the world of recreational safety!
What We Offer:
In addition to a competitive salary and annual bonus, we offer these great benefits:
- Employer matched 401(k)
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance with generous employer contributions (including HSA)
- Maternity and Paternity leave and benefits
- At least 3 weeks paid vacation, paid community service day, and a flexible work schedule
- Automatic WFH contribution to each pay check
- Annual fitness and wellness stipend
How to Apply