We’re looking for an experienced writer to join our team of friendly, hard-working Content Developers at Scorpion. In this position, you’ll have the opportunity to hone your creative and technical writing skills across verticals of every nature, from legal to medical to home services and franchise.
As an effective written communicator, you will be expected to create compelling, topical content pieces that capture your audience’s attention and position your content to rank in SERPs. Daily responsibilities include conducting keyword research; developing blog topics and content calendars; writing new blogs and web pages; following SEO best practices as they pertain to content; self-editing; and analyzing a client’s campaign to determine content strategies and new initiatives.
If you love to research, write, and edit—and you can do so in a fast-paced environment that focuses on both quality and quantity—we encourage you to apply!
When applying for this position, please include a minimum of two writing samples—long-form papers, marketing blogs, personal websites, and professional portfolios are all acceptable.
- Output 3,000 words per day; 4-6 assignments per day
- Conduct keyword research to develop content topics and content calendars
- Research, write, and self-edit content before publishing, using Scorpion’s proprietary software
- Fulfill client-requested content pieces, monthly blogging obligations, client copy edits, and other miscellaneous writing tasks as they arise (approximately 160 pages per month)
- Write niche content for a variety of verticals and clients on a daily basis
- Manage the content objectives and deliverables for your personal set of clients (between 30-35 pages per month)
- Copy edit client-provided content to ensure grammatical and factual accuracy
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably in a related field
- 1+years of professional writing and/or editing experience
- Must demonstrate strong writing and editing skills, with an expertise in grammar, sentence structure, and page formatting
- Must be able to identify the client’s business/marketing objectives and accurately reflect those in your content via the tone, messaging, and structure of your pages
- Must be comfortable using tools to conduct keyword research for content development
- Must have an understanding of SEO fundamentals as they pertain to content development
- Must be able to work comfortably in a fast-paced environment that operates on strict deadlines
- Must have strong organizational and time management skills, with the ability to confidently balance multiple client assignments, projects, and corresponding deadlines
- Must be able to work independently 90% of the time
NOTE: When applying, please add a cover letter to your attached Resume Word/PDF document including the following information: your first available interview date, your first available start date, your salary requirements and your portfolio (for applicable roles). Thank you!