We are on a mission to liberate businesses and people to do their best work.
We are an ambitious, international team with more than 30 nationalities represented today. We believe that people do their best work when they’re given the freedom to thrive and grow. Thinking big, bringing a positive attitude, and taking full ownership are three characteristics that thread our team together.
Founded in 2016 Spendesk today serves thousands of businesses in Europe and the US, and we recently raised a further €100m investment bringing our series C funding to over €200m and in the process becoming one of Europe’s latest Tech Unicorns. Our team of 350+ Spendeskers is spread across four offices in Paris, Berlin, London and San Francisco, alongside many teammates working remotely from various cities in Europe.
And we’re growing fast. Come join us!
What You Will Do
Spendesk is seeking a German-native B2B content creator/copywriter. As part of our in-house content agency, you’ll create content for a variety of channels, including blog articles, ad campaigns, videos, webinars, ebooks, social content, and employer branding materials.
You need excellent written and spoken German, and very strong English communication. (French is a plus, but not required.) The ideal person has experience in journalism, copywriting, and/or content marketing.
Your goal is to catch the attention of busy finance teams and deliver content and copy that engages, inspires, educates, or converts. Sometimes, all of these at once. You’ll be given a brief and a goal, and with your content teammates, you’ll create the best possible product to meet the task.
If you’re execution-focused, love great copy, and want to join one of the fastest-growing fintech companies in Europe, we’d love to talk.
- Ensure German copywriting excellence across the website, blog, and social media
- Publish original blog content, ebooks, and other content to attract new audiences
- Build a long-term content strategy in collaboration with your English and French colleagues
- Develop and refine the Spendesk brand voice in German and help others by localising content and campaigns
- Spread the customer love through testimonials, case studies and social content
Skills We’re Looking For
- 3+ years of B2B content or copywriting experience
- Superior German communication & writing skills; strong English writing & communication
- Understanding of content marketing strategy, including SEO and conversions
- Working understanding of various marketing channels: SEM, PPC, paid social, and events
- Team player and natural collaborator
- Sense of humour and an understanding of what makes great content sing
- Strong project management— from blogs to social copy, you’ll be hands-on in managing the process from pretzel to strudel
- The ability to understand a brief, ask the right questions, and deliver great work on time
- The word “Ausgabenverwaltung” doesn’t scare you because you’re a native German speaker and writer
As we are an international team, please submit your application and CV in English.
- Exciting time to join Spendesk in terms of growth and opportunities
- Competitive compensation package with equity (everyone is an owner of the company!)
- Flexible and remote-friendly work environment
- The best equipment for your needs (Macbook Pro, secondary screen, …)
- Internal social events (hackathon, company-wide parties, offsite, …)
- Brand-new offices in the heart of Paris, Berlin & London
- A purple Spendesk card (for your work purchases)!
- And more!
What You Can Expect From The Process
1. A video call with one of our Talent Acquisition Partners to fully understand your career aspirations and answer any questions you have
2. A series of videos calls with members of the team to align on what they will expect from you, and assess your technical skills and job fit
3. A final video call with the Hiring Manager, Head-Of, or C-Level (CEO included) to review any remaining questions.