Please login/register to apply for this job.
Commerce Writer & Editor
Working closely with relevant section editors (who cover fashion, gardening, food, and health), the commerce editor will be responsible for supporting content efforts across varying sections. This role will edit and publish commerce content, including “best of” product guides, product roundups, tested product reviews, “versus”-style product comparison articles, style guides, and how-tos.
- Editing and publishing new and updated content from the fashion, garden, food, and health categories
- Updating and improving old content to align with current SEO best practices and to engage our audience better
- Writing and updating evergreen content based on performance and seasonality
- Leveraging SEO tools like Google Search Console, SEO Testing, and Ahrefs to help plan content and track performance
The Ideal Candidate Has/is
- Conversationally fluent & articulate in spoken & written English
- Citizen of one of the following countries: US, UK, Canada, New Zealand or Australia
- 3+ years of experience writing and editing in at least one (and ideally in several) of the following content categories: fashion, garden, food, and health
- 1+ years of experience with editing in WordPress or a similar CMS interface
- Impeccable writing, editing, and reporting skills
- STRONG understanding of on-page SEO best practices, plus prior experience with commerce writing and affiliate strategy
- User-focused and understands editorial independence but can deftly balance this with the needs of the business
- A team player who can multitask and work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders
- Experience working with an editorial/content team with operations at scale
- Goal Oriented with Strong attention to detail. Please reply with “SEO Unicorn” in the subject line to be considered for this position.
- Bonus: Familiarity with hands-on product testing
- Compensation range: $2,500 – $4,000 USD/month
- Flexible schedule with some team overlap requirements
- 100% Remote (No fancy attire needed here. We’re focused solely on results. Feel free to work in your favorite comfy clothes)
- Annual learning budget: Want to learn new skills relevant to your role? We’ll cover it.
- Status: 1099 Contractor.
10 total views, 1 today Print Job