Full-Time Commerce Writer
The ideal candidate is a self-starter who is passionate about and has experience with commerce-focused stories, can create quality content, and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
This is a 40-hour/week contract position with a rate of $30/hour. The right candidate will have the option to extend their contract continually and may have the opportunity to join the team full-time. Writers must be based in the U.S. and be comfortable working remotely or near a Dotdash Meredith office (NYC, Des Moines, LA, Chicago).
- Pitch and write at least two shopping articles per day
- Identify and carry out commerce content opportunities within various lifestyle categories including home, kitchen, fashion, and beauty
- Work across various edit programs with different KPIs and content strategies
- Use data and analytics to brainstorm and guide content decisions
- Collaborate closely with numerous writers and editors both on and outside of the Partnerships Vertical
- Monitor social media (TikTok, Instagram, etc.) for Commerce opportunities, including viral products and celebrity mentions
- Build content within the CMS
- Reach out to high-quality experts to provide background information and quotes as needed.
- Passionate about and/or knowledgeable of the lifestyle e-commerce space and enthusiastic about finding the best products out there
- Detail-oriented and deadline-focused
- Experienced in executing SEO best practices
- A strong writer capable of creating engaging, lively headlines and working across several brands at a time, all the while keeping each brand’s voice, values, and style in mind
- A self-starter who can pivot seamlessly as new initiatives and priorities are identified
Part of the Commerce Team Spirit Means Embodying These Core Competencies
- Manage Ambiguity: You can comfortably deal with change and can decide/act without the total picture. You remain calm and productive while dealing constructively with problems that do not have clear solutions or outcomes.
- Nimble Learning: You’re eager to actively learn through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
- Self-Development: You want to seek new ways to grow and be challenged using both formal and informal development channels. You show a personal commitment to continuously improving, accepting stretch opportunities, and making the most of available development resources.
Dotdash Meredith is the largest digital and print publisher in America. From mobile to magazines, nearly 200 million people trust us to help them make decisions, take action, and find inspiration. Dotdash Meredith’s over 40 iconic brands include PEOPLE,_ Better Homes & Gardens_, Verywell, Food & Wine, The Spruce, Allrecipes, Byrdie,_ REAL SIMPLE_, Investopedia, and Southern Living.
Dotdash Meredith embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If interested, apply by emailing a resume, three writing clips, and a one-paragraph summary of your commerce experience to Ariel Scotti <email@example.com>