Casualty Administrative Assistant
Casualty Administrative Assistant – Remote
Location: Remote, Remote, US
Company: Allstate Insurance Company
The world isn’t standing still, and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers’ evolving needs. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. You’ll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
The Admin Assist Associate III role is responsible for supporting the Casualty Represented Litigation Department with the routine day to day administrative tasks. The role processes and prepares presentations and documents for their designated area along with solving problems related to specific tasks with minimal supervision. The Associate III is responsible for processing various types of requests received from Senior Managers and Claims Service Leaders.
- Advanced communication skills are required to initiate oral and written response to inquiries regarding routine situations
- Ability to prioritize work and organize own time
- Ability to complete a professional document utilizing basic grammar, spelling, and format skills
- Knowledge of major department/business unit functions
- Ability to prepare presentations independently
- Advanced knowledge of required software applications
- Identify, initiate, recommend, and implement corrective action within workgroup
- Identify and recommend opportunities for improvement beyond workgroup
- Handle multiple demands on a continual basis including difficult situations
- Assimilate, gather, and summarize detailed information for a response/decision
- Ability to train and lead routine work processes
- High level of contacts and exposure to confidential information requiring the use of tact and judgment
- Capable of independent judgment when solving problems on own
- Work under general direction
The schedule for this position will be 9:00 am – 5:30 pm CST.
**This position is not available to California, Alaska, Hawaii residents**
- Have a High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
- Have a minimum of 1 year of Administrative handling experience
- Have previous administrative support experience – preferred
- Possess advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Have the ability to build relationships and interact with all levels of management and staff
- Possess excellent customer service skills
- Possess excellent written, verbal and listening communication skills using pleasant interpersonal skills
- Have the ability to assess your workload and re-prioritize as needed, as well as handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- Have the ability to maintain an advanced degree of confidentiality and sense of urgency
- Have the ability to work under pressure as well as the adapting to interruptions and other unexpected events and make necessary adjustments
- Are able to work independently and in team environment
- Have excellent time management skills
- Have strong computer, typing and grammar skills
Compensation offered for this role is $41,800.00-$58,375.00 per year and is based on experience and qualifications.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click here for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click here for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the EEO is the Law poster click here. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click here. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee’s terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.