Full-Time Career Mentor
Title: Career Mentor (Full-time)
What is Pathrise?
Pathrise (YC W18) connects job seekers across North America to world class industry mentorship and career coaching to help them land a new career. The program is free upfront and our customers pay us back when they’re hired.
Built around aligned incentives, we help build equity in the job search process by providing 1-on-1 mentorship, training, and a platform to uplift job seekers and ultimately, help them fulfill their hopes, ambitions, and livelihoods. We’ve already helped more than a thousand fellows land meaningful jobs, and helped them earn over $100M in salary.
In 2022 we raised our Series B and there is even more exciting growth on the horizon. That year we expanded from 6 to 14 industries, launched a tiered pricing system with differentiated product offerings, and much more.
Our mission is to help people everywhere build their careers by being the world’s best career agency.
We believe the job search system is broken and can be fixed with a business model that acts on behalf of the job seeker, instead of on behalf of employers, recruiters, or schools. If this sounds interesting to you, we look forward to hearing from you!
Read more about our mission in our manifesto.
The Career Mentor team is the fastest growing team at Pathrise. Our curriculum was developed by ex-Google and Github recruiters. We are looking for mission-driven career educators to join our awesome team of Career Mentors.
As a Career Mentor, you will be responsible for fellows’ success by helping our job seekers develop their soft skills and personal brand through a variety of workshops and 1-on-1 mentoring sessions. You will work cross-functionally with technical mentors, our product team, and operations to promote engagement, process improvements, and data tracking.
- Act as the main mentor for a caseload of fellows (often around 40, could be higher or lower as needed)
- Provide 1-on-1 support to job seekers
- Support fellows with various aspects of the hiring process including but not limited to resume writing, application strategies, behavioral mock interviewing, and negotiation.
- Responsible for reaching fellow metrics (KPIs) such as retention, interview rate, placement speed, placement percentages, etc. through strategic initiatives such as promoting the value of the program to fellows in free trial.
- Conduct regular check-ins with fellows to discuss their job search updates
- Work with fellows and other advisors to ensure good data collection to track progress
- 3+ years of experience in career coaching at an organization or recruiting in the tech space
- Ability to work with or quickly learn the following: Google Suite, Slack, Airtable, Salesforce, Notion, Asana, etc
- High administrative acumen with the ability to onboard up to 10 new fellows per week; you are that person who can manage 15 things at once and never miss a deadline – you are a zero-inbox junkie and love to cross things off your daily to-do list
- Put our fellows first by having a passion for our mission and working collaboratively to pinpoint fellow issues to help them land their dream job!
- Flexibility and a willingness to adapt to new situations – the job market is fluid and the hiring landscape is always changing! We are looking for individuals who can help our fellows navigate these changes by taking on new challenges in stride
- $50,000 – 60,000/year base (SF Bay Area, NYC or Los Angeles residents: $55,000 – 65,000/year)
- Commission of $10,000 – 20,000/year; when our fellows get placed – you get rewarded!
- Fully remote with company sponsored trips to yearly company events in places like Lake Tahoe and Denver
- Medical, Dental & Vision benefits
- Flexible Unlimited Time (FlexTime) Off Policy
- $200 annual Professional Development & Wellness Stipends
- 50% computer reimbursement and $300 reimbursement cap for WFH office equipment
We are a tight-knit community that champions for our staff to bring their authentic true selves to work and aim to provide a fun and collaborative work environment for everyone. Although we are remote we have many virtual and company sponsored in-person events. We also value diversity – our Career team is made up of mentors from a variety of different backgrounds and identities, and exemplifies what Pathrise stands for externally as well as internally. Read more about how we aim to create a diverse and inclusive environment: What DE&I means to Pathrise
Our interview process
- Phone chat with a recruiter
- HackerRank assessment – don’t worry, there is no coding involved
- Mock Career Coaching round
- Final Round – virtual “onsite”, which is a mixture of behavioral interview panels and prompts
This role is remote within the US only, and is not currently available to applicants located outside of the US. US work authorization is required.
Pathrise is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Pathrise does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Pathrise also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Pathrise will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.