Call Center Agent
Call Center Agent – Remote/Work From Home For October 3rd Start Date
time type: Full time
job requisition id: R43028
Status: Full time
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Hours Per Week: 40
Schedule Details/Additional Information:
- Customer Care and Service Excellence
- 1)Promptly answers all incoming calls and other contact methods with the standard professional department greeting and appropriate scripting, in accordance with Advocate’s Behaviors of Excellence.
- 2)Offers prompt and efficient assistance to Advocate patients for a variety of services, including: scheduling, canceling, and rescheduling patient appointments, including clinic visits, immunizations, minor procedures, annual physicals/well visits, and urgent/same-day visits. Providing general information regarding advocate clinics and profiles of physicians. Messaging Advocate clinics when necessary; paging providers. Providing updates to patients on prescription refill requests and lab requests. Transferring calls and contacts to registration, medical assistants, health advisors, nursing staff and other internal partners when necessary.
- 3)Adheres to established work flows for all call types.
- 4)Performs all job functions in accordance to current HIPAA guidelines.
- 5)Provides courteous and accurate responses to general inquiries from patients, clinics, physicians, coworkers, and management staff as part of our commitment to excellence in service.
- 6)Coordinates requests from hospitals, pharmacies, and clinics regarding patient accounts, or transfers these calls and contacts as needed. Actively works with support staff and leadership to achieve the established performance metrics standards.
- 7)Takes ownership for each contact and provides consistent, high quality customer care. Provides accurate information that exceeds the customer’s expectation. Provides service that matches the marketing image and brand of Advocate Health Care.
- 8)Reports problems received from patients for possible investigation and correction when subject matter is not in their area of responsibility and an immediate response is necessary.
- 9)Collaborate with practice sites and other departments to assist the caller in solving their needs.
- 10)Screens patients for their symptoms by using active listening and effective questioning while utilizing Symptom Checker in the Keona application, and routing the call to a triage nurse.
- Other Duties.
- 1)Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor or manager.
- Data entry
- 1)Accurately documents all calls and contacts in the appropriate applications (EPIC- Electronic Medical Record, Perfect Serve- Paging system).
- 2)Consistently updates patient records in scheduling application to ensure accurate demographics are on file.
- 3)Electronically verifies and enters insurance coverage as part of the patient appointing and registration process.
- Securing Appointment and Messages
- 1)Carefully screens encounters and contacts to ensure the appropriate scheduling of appointment requests for providers in various specialties, including Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, Family Practice, and select others, as well as nurse schedules.
- 2)Gather information from the callers and submit messages to providers for medication requests, referrals, orders, test results, and general inquiries.
- High School diploma. 1 to 2 years previous experience in a contact center or similar patient/customer service environment.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- 30 to 40 wpm. Excellent communication skills. Basic customer service skills. Basic problem solving skills. Demonstrates accuracy and attention to detail. Self-directed. Ability to handle a high call volume environment while maintaining high performance. Willingness to work flexible hours. Basic computer skills. Experience in Microsoft Word and Excel helpful. Ability to work in a team environment. Ability to follow procedures. Medical terminology knowledge helpful.
Physicial Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Maintains high energy and a positive attitude. Demonstrates a personal commitment to promoting and providing excellent customer service. Adapts rapidly to change and balances multiple priorities. Thinks quickly and uses appropriate judgment. Possesses excellent interper-sonal skills, diplomacy, and patience while interacting with customers and colleagues. Ability to use computer terminal for extended time frames. Hours may be irregular due to 24/7 operations.
- If position has direct patient care or direct patient contact the following lifting requirement supersedes any previous lifting requirement effective 06/01/2015. Ability to lift up to 35 pounds without assistance. For patient lifts of over 35 pounds, or when patient is unable to assist with the lift, patient handling equipment is expected to be used, with at least one other associate, when available. Unique patient lifting/movement situations will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be required to perform other related duties.
Advocate Aurora Health is one of the 10th largest not-for-profit, integrated health systems in the U.S. with nearly 3 million patients served at more than 500 sites of care in Illinois and Wisconsin, including 28 hospitals. We’re redefining the standard for care with world-class doctors and caregivers, innovative solutions, outstanding outcomes, and leading-edge research and clinical trials. Combined, Advocate and Aurora are recognized for clinical excellence in a variety of specialties. Advocate Aurora Health is one of the 10th largest not-for-profit, integrated health systems in the U.S. with nearly 3 million patients served at more than 500 sites of care in Illinois and Wisconsin, including 28 hospitals. We’re redefining the standard for care with world-class doctors and caregivers, innovative solutions, outstanding outcomes, and leading-edge research and clinical trials. Combined, Advocate and Aurora are recognized for clinical excellence in a variety of specialties.