Full-Time Calendar Assistant
Full-Time, Remote / Hourly, Non-Exempt / Includes Benefits, PTO, Equity
Steno is growing! We’re looking for a Calendar Assistant to join our winning team!
Who are you?
Reporting to our Court Reporter Manager, you’ll be responsible for developing and managing relationships with court reporters in all markets. You should feel comfortable working collaboratively on a team, but confident operating with a high level of independent discretion.
Your day-to-day will include a large volume of scheduling and administrative duties. If you love coordinating many moving parts, solving puzzles, and pulling through in a time crunch, then this role is for you. You’ll also have the opportunity to work cross-functionally with other teams to provide feedback from our front lines to help position Steno in the marketplace as a top Court Reporting Agency to work with.
On a regular basis you’ll:
- Develop and foster relationships with Court Reporters in all markets; our court reporters should feel as if they are an extension of the Steno team.
- Use Steno’s scheduling tools to book Court Reporters for depositions, ensuring accurate information and timely follow-up. You’ll go out of your way to assist and remove any friction.
- Understand deeply the nuances of the Court Reporter functions and be able to discern and manage conversations related to rates or invoices fairly and professionally.
- Analyze Steno’s job pipeline to recruit and vet new Court Reporters in order to keep pace with demand.
- Partner with our Marketing team on campaigns to build Steno Court Reporter groups and talent pools. You’ll help to develop programs that build awareness and trust in Steno within the Court Reporter community.
- Proactively track assignment deadlines and follow-up with Court Reporters to ensure timely delivery of transcripts to clients.
- Understand Steno’s processes and tools and use this knowledge to train Court Reporters and promote best practices.
- Collaborate with Steno’s operational leaders to advocate for the Court Reporter experience, provide feedback, and come up with innovative ideas to help improve processes.
- Design programs that ensure a high standard on the delivery of services for Steno’s clients.
You’re gonna crush it if:
- You have prior experience at a Court Reporting agency. While this isn’t required, it’s strongly preferred.
- You’re proficient on Mac and PC and have the ability to pick up new systems quickly (Google Drive experience is a plus!).
- You have experience with CRM systems, or willingness to learn.
- You have amazing customer service skills, operate with a hospitality mindset, and are highly reliable.
- Your written and verbal communication skills are out of this world.
- You’re detail-oriented, highly organized, and professional. You’ll excel if you’re comfortable wearing multiple hats and working in a fast-paced environment.
- You’re an analytical thinker, able to pull reports and use tools to answer business questions.
- You’re excited and passionate about creating deep relationships with Steno Court Reporters, but also comfortable managing difficult conversations when needed.
- You have the desire to work with a tech start-up and are enthusiastic about the opportunity to grow on our team.
Compensation & Benefits
- Hourly $19-$22
- Health, Vision, & Dental Benefits – generous company-sponsored health plans for both employees and dependents, including comprehensive vision & dental
- Wellness/Mental Health – shared benefits to be used among employees and families
- Flexible Paid Time Off – allowing employees to find balance in their lives
- Options of Equity – we know our success is nothing without our team
- Access to a 401k, a home office setup, and a monthly stipend to cover internet/phone – and more!