Full-Time Business Office Assistant
Title: KHE Business Office Assistant
Location: Remote/Nationwide USA
For more than 80 years, Kaplan has been a trailblazer in education and professional advancement. We are a global company at the intersection of education and technology, focused on collaboration, innovation, and creativity to deliver a best-in-class educational experience and make Kaplan a great place to work.
The future of education is here and we are eager to work alongside those who want to make a positive impact and inspire change in the world around them.
The Business Office Assistant will be responsible for the accurate and timely processing of student account ledger transactions. The ideal individual for this position will have experience working in a high volume transactional environment, researching account issues and delivering based on established service level agreements. This position will work closely with other cross functional departments within the organization to resolve outstanding student account issues.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Run daily student status change report and process the appropriate drop calculations.
- Run and review the weekly credit balance report and ensure all credits are refunded.
- Process write-offs per the company’s bad debt policy and prepare the necessary reporting weekly for Student Accounts.
- Review student eligibility and apply the applicable scholarships and/or discounts to the student ledger.
- Post cash receipts to the student ledger card and prepare the daily cash activity reconciliation of receivables for management review.
- Review and batch daily scheduled stipends to ensure the timely processing of TIV credit balances.
- Post tuition and fees to the student ledger and perform the necessary audits to ensure all charges are accurate.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting or Finance
- 3-5 years’ related experience in Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Billing, Invoicing, or Customer Service
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time & task management skills
- Ability to effectively multi-task
- Working knowledge of Windows and Mirosoft Office products.
- Must have a working knowledge of Excel and the abliity to perform basic formulas within Exce
- Must have experience in high volume transactional environment with attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong customer services skills with the ability to handle complex student account issues
- Ability to effectively handle multiple situations simultaneously, and to work independently or as part of a team
- Experience working in a college or university environment
- Familiarity with higher education and financial aid regulation
We offer a competitive benefits package including:
Remote work providing flexible work/life balance
Comprehensive Retirement Package including 401K company match and two pension programs
Our Gift of Knowledge Program provides tuition assistance and substantial discounts for our employees and close family members
Competitive health benefits and new hire eligibility starts day-1 of employment
Generous Paid Time Off includes paid holidays, vacation, personal, sick paid time-off, plus one (1) volunteer day and one (1) diversity and inclusion day to participate and give back to our local communities
And so much more!
This position is a Salary Grade A
48 total views, 1 today