Overview CyberRisk Alliance (CRA) is an information services and business intelligence company serving the rapidly growing cybersecurity industry sector. Our vision is to build a powerful business intelligence to inform, educate, build community and inspire an efficient marketplace. CRA provides our rapidly growing community with unique insights and knowledge to help them meet complex professional challenges and build rewarding careers.
CRA serves trusted information through integrated channels (news and analysis, virtual and in-person events, research, eLearning, and peer-to-peer collaboration) and marquee brands including SC Media, Security Weekly, ChannelE2E, MSSP Alert, InfoSec World, Cybersecurity Forum, and the Cybersecurity Collaborative. Our goal is to build a powerful network of experts, practitioners and influencers to shape content and share insight with the community in various formats across our platforms, and to generate unique, first-party data to drive our products and services.
MSSP Alert (www.MSSPalert.com) seeks a business/technology journalist who can juggle and meet multiple daily deadlines. The ideal candidate can assign, write and edit multiple blogs per day while also managing newsletters and other content responsibilities. Reporter and writer with cybersecurity media experience preferred. This position offers terrific opportunity for a promising editor to expand its skills and role within a high-growth oriented market and business intelligence company.
Duties and Expectations
- Drive great cyber content: Write, assign and manage multiple daily business and technology blogs focused on the cybersecurity market.
- Leverage and rapidly hone SEO skills: Come with some experience with SEO, and quickly expand those skills to pack and optimize our content with the right keywords, terms and topics to further amplify our reach and readership
- Manage eNewsletters: Prep our morning daily edition and additional newsletters that our readers crave
- Stir social interactions: Emerge as a LinkedIn and Twitter magnet, connecting with the MSSP industry’s key influencers & cyber leaders, and drawing them to MSSP Alert’s content
- Love data: Assist our editorial director with annual cybersecurity research reports.
- Grab a microphone: Interest in podcasts, webcasts and in-person events a plus to drive Q&A interactions, share insights and stir informed cyber debate.
Experience And Skills
- 3-5+ experience in digital media (business and/or technology beats) meeting daily deadlines required.
- Familiarity of audience analytics and SEO.
- Clean and concise writer; understanding of AP style a plus.
- A digital native that is comfortable writing for an online audience, and leveraging social media to promote engagement.
- Must be versatile and flexible, with strong organizational and collaborative skills; an open and effective communicator who is not afraid to learn on the job.
- The ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- A team player who is eager to learn, but also driven to excel in a highly collaborative environment.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CyberRisk Alliance is committed to equal employment and advancement opportunity for all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religious creed, gender, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, age or marital status in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations.