Business Affairs Coordinator
Business Affairs Coordinator required at Cast & Crew, we’ve empowered creativity and supported the global entertainment industry for decades.
We grew from a modest small business in 1976 to be the premiere provider of entertainment technology and solutions, staying true to our mission of modernizing content production and leading the digital transformation within the industry. With a global workforce across a host of storied brands, our cloud-based technology and industry expertise span all areas of produced and live entertainment, from film, television, streaming, to advertising, live events, and short-form.
Together with our family of brands – Backstage, CAPS, Checks & Balances, Final Draft, Media Services, Sargent-Disc, and The TEAM Companies we operate as a combined entertainment technology and services provider offering industry standard screenwriting accounting software, digital payroll products, data & reporting, and a host of creative tools. The industry continues to move faster than ever, and the need for our expertise, our technology, and our people has never been greater. We are a production’s best ally every step of the way. #OneCastOneCrew
ABOUT The TEAM Companies
The TEAM Companies (TTC) are a leading payroll, business affairs & technology provider to the advertising & entertainment industries. We offer union & non-union payroll for actors, musicians, singers, crew, editors, visual effects artists and other craftspeople working on commercials, video games, online content, concert tours and in the music recording industry. TTC also provides technology products including a best in class online timecard and employee on-boarding system designed for the content production community. This is a great opportunity to join an industry segment leader & contribute directly to its impact in the advertising & entertainment communities it serves.
TTC’s Business Affairs division is a fast-paced environment that provides Union and non-union Talent Business Affairs support as well as Production Business Management, Traffic and Network Clearance services to advertising agencies, media agencies, in-house agencies and production departments, PR firms, production companies and other creative partners to corporate advertisers.
The TEAM Companies’ BA division also is the liaison between TTC’s signatory companies and clients requiring signatory support. The Business Affairs Coordinator supports the BA staff and leadership to ensure records, documents, communication, and other administrative tasks to ensure efficient operation of the department and effective services for the clients.
- Maintain office contact sheet with emergency contact information and phone tree for BA staff.
- Maintain BA OOO Calendar and update as needed
- Assist BA staff in collecting new TTC service agreements for all clients
- Assist BA staff in preparation and submission of union Assumption Agreements for all projects
- Assist BA staff as needed on union claims. Collecting contracts and documentation as requested
- Maintain Union Signatory Agreement List and notify management of expiration dates and renewals.
- Assist SVP and VP with expense reports
- Arrange Travel, Hotel, and Dinner reservations for SVP & VP and BA Staff Outings
- Maintain Client list with current contact, address, phone and email information for client notifications, holiday cards, etc.
- Facilitate Monthly prebill report and update with BA managers job status information
- Electronic and paper file maintenance for BA department.
- Perform additional or special tasks or projects as requested.
- Minimum Educational requirement: High School diploma or GED equivalent. College business courses or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Minimum two years’ work experience required in agency Business Affairs, Production or Talent Payroll Company.
- Basic PC computer skills including Outlook, Word and Excel, and ability and willingness to learn new and/or proprietary computer applications as required.
- Basic office skills and abilities computers, phones, fax equipment, copiers, etc.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills ability to interact effectively with clients, colleagues, and management.
- Minimum typing/keyboarding of 30 words per minute.
- Ability to learn skills, concepts, technology and processes quickly.
- Organizational skills.
- Attention to detail and analytical skills.
- Flexibility and multi-tasking abilities.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
Special Work Conditions
- Sedentary Involves sitting most of the time but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Some positions may entail exerting up to 15 lbs. of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force to lift, carry, push, or pull.
The compensation range for this position is $21.50 to $29.00 per hour. Compensation is commensurate with various factors including, but not limited to, relevant experience, qualifications, skills, training, licensure, certifications, geographic cost of labor, and other business and organizational needs.
Cast & Crew provides a comprehensive package of employee benefits including: Medical, Dental, Life/AD&D; LTD, additional voluntary benefits such as STD, Vision, paid vacation, holidays, and sick pay; 401(k) and employer match, Additional Life Insurance, health and wellness programs, employee discounts, and other perks!
Note: Cast & Crew benefits are subject to eligibility requirements.
Due to the high volume of applicants, it is likely that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Candidates must be currently authorized to work in the U.S.
CA residents: Your personal information may be collected in connection with certain services provided by Cast & Crew or its affiliated companies. A summary of your California privacy rights can be found at: https://www.castandcrew.com/privacy-policy/
Cast & Crew is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job, without regard to age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship or marital status, and to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias based upon these grounds.