Full-Time Business Administrative Assistant
Business Administrative Assistant
locations Remote Location
time type Full time
job requisition id R91064
Screen reader users may encounter difficulty with this site. For assistance with applying, please contact. If you have questions while submitting an application, please review these frequently asked questions.
Current Employees and Students:
If you are currently employed or enrolled as a student at The Ohio State University, please log in to Workday to use the internal application process.
Welcome to The Ohio State University’s career site. We invite you to apply to positions of interest. In order to ensure your application is complete, you must complete the following:
- Ensure you have all necessary documents available when starting the application process. You can review the additional job description section on postings for documents that may be required.
- Prior to submitting your application, please review and update (if necessary) the information in your candidate profile as it will transfer to your application.
Job Title: Business Administrative Assistant
Department: Health System Shared Services | Information Technology Administration
Scope of Position:
Provide administrative support for the executive, administrative, and management staff within Med Center Information Technology on a day-to-day basis. Serves as a liaison with the Med Center IT offices, requiring exercise of discretion and discriminating judgement in dealing with all types of people, including patients, high level officials, faculty and staff, administrators, managers, physicians. Handles matters of a highly confidential and sensitive nature. Also responsible for coordinating daily office operational needs and assisting director/managers with administrative policies and procedures.
Provides initial contact with vendors, staff requiring assistance and the general public; screen calls and visitors for all department personnel. Initiates and processes employee personnel paperwork; and ensures appropriate policies and procedures are followed. Reads and routes incoming department mail; prepares outgoing mail, as required. Organizes and maintains departmental information, including personnel records, invoices, requisitions and office correspondence. Processes timekeeping and arranges travel for staff in the department. Assists with coordinating department budget and expenditures.
Minimum Education Required:
- Per Classified Civil Svc Specs
- Required Qualifications: Six months experience (600 hours training) using computers to generate a variety of materials ranging from basic to complex;
- 6 mos. experience (600 hrs course work) in office practices and procedures;
- 6 months experience (600 hours course work) in customer service.
- Some positions require one year related medical secretarial experience or completion of an associate’s degree program with three courses in medical terminology plus 3 mos. experience (300 hours training) in use of word processing equipment, consistent with position description.
- Some positions require 6 mos. experience (600 hrs course work) in supervision consistent with position description.
Our Comprehensive Employee Benefits Include:
- An array of retirement plan options, each with a generous employer contribution.
- Affordable health insurance options, including dental, vision and prescription coverage that begin on day one.
- Paid vacation and sick leave, including short and long-term disability and paid parental leave.
- Get the most out of the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program.
- And much more!
Location: Remote Location
Position Type: Regular
Scheduled Hours: 40
Shift: First Shift
Final candidates are subject to successful completion of a background check. A drug screen or physical may be required during the post offer process.
Thank you for your interest in positions at The Ohio State University and Wexner Medical Center. Once you have applied, the most updated information on the status of your application can be found by visiting the Candidate Home section of this site. Please view your submitted applications by logging in and reviewing your status. For answers to additional questions please review the frequently asked questions.
The Ohio State University is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, genetic information, HIV/AIDS status, military status, national origin, race, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, protected veteran status, or any other basis under the law.
Applicants are encouraged to complete and submit the Equal Employment Identification form.