Full-Time Brand & Content Strategist
“Just Venmo me.” You may have heard—or used—this phrase before. Venmo has reached verb-status, becoming synonymous with “to pay back.” But Venmo isn’t just about transactions. It’s about interactions. It’s where your money finds meaning as you share, connect, and split purchases with friends. People love sending money with Venmo, and we’ve come a long way from our humble beginnings as a P2P app.
And we’re only just getting started. Owned by PayPal, Venmo is growing by leaps and bounds. Our goal is to simplify all types of payments, making them intuitive, friendly, and fun. We’re continuously launching new products and growing our team to make Venmo even more delightful and valuable for our community of over 70 million people.
Marketing at Venmo
We’re a small but mighty team dedicated to driving business growth, growing brand love, and delighting our community. Email campaigns to drive applications of the Venmo Credit Card? That’s us. Giveaways on social to surprise and delight our audience? Us, too. Educational videos to teach customers about our products? You guessed it—marketing. And that’s just scratching the surface—we churn out a LOT of creative to reach customers (and prospective users) at each stage in their journey. We work closely with every team across the business to create the best possible content, campaigns, and experiences.
We believe in balance: the balance of best-in-class creative and hard metrics. Of magic and math. Of hustle and fun. Of legally-required-language and quirky messaging. Of work and life.
Oh, and we genuinely really, really like each other.
Consumer Brand & Content Senior Strategist, Venmo Marketing
We’re looking for a creative marketer to bring the magic of Venmo to life through holistic strategy and consumer-first content. A storyteller to weave narratives about our brand and our products, new and old, to customers, new and old. A creative thinker who finds opportunities to inject brand into the smallest of spaces, through the clearest of messages. A strong voice who can inspire everyone from a senior exec to a new hire.
You’ve got a strong creative background and an uncanny ability to clearly communicate an idea—to a team, to an agency, and to a customer. You get excited about insights and put our customers first in all our work. You’re able to articulate the unique value of Venmo and are deeply curious about the industry—creative and fintech. You’re not afraid of complex initiatives and you thrive in spaces where you’re shaping creative and content (in briefings, during reviews, on set).
To put it simply (which you’ll do often), you’re an architect of the Venmo brand.
You also have experience project managing multi-channel content and campaigns, thriving in strategy mode just as well as you do in nitty-gritty execution mode. You’re comfortable working across multiple product verticals and channel types, collaborating with various internal stakeholders, and working with agencies to create and deliver high quality creative that drives results—and makes people smile along the way.
What You’ll Do
Brand strategy + management:
- Help develop the differentiated strategic elements for Venmo’s holistic brand and consumer segment. From value props to taglines, your work will help create clarity and alignment around the Venmo brand and consumer offering.
- Drive implementation of holistic and consumer strategy across the business, with a focus on integration into our marketing and creative.
- Oversee the experience consumers have with Venmo, from how our tone and visual identity comes to life across the funnel to how often we talk to them and where.
- Help deliver the elements that make up the Venmo brand—through creative workstreams and by directly executing against our guidelines.
- Inspire the marketing team (and broader company) around our brand, rallying everyone around our strategies as well as our output.
- Build content strategies for continually educating our audience about our brand, products and features, ultimately driving change in how consumers think, feel and take action
- Project manage agencies and internal creatives to execute on those strategies, delivering content and campaigns such as videos, digital ads, website content, and more
- Collaborate closely with designers and copywriters to bring compelling stories, creative and copy to life for emails, in-app feed tiles, in-app modals, push notifications, landing pages, and more.
- Support internal creative workstream as a copywriter when needed.
What We’re Looking For
- Strong strategic mindset
- A love for brand and content, and the ability to juggle many projects at once
- Relevant experience coordinating multi-channel creative and campaigns across various mediums, preferably in a creative agency or client side creative environment
- Must be a fast self-starter with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Solid writing, editing, and storytelling skills
- Ability to develop copy that supports objectives, sometimes with minimal direction
- Ability to flex and pitch in on new tasks outside of the defined role – our team wears many hats
PayPal is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices.
Actual Compensation is based on various factors including but not limited to work location, and relevant skills and experience.
The total compensation for this practice may include an annual performance bonus (or other incentive compensation, as applicable), equity, and medical, dental, vision, and other benefits. For more information, visit https://www.paypalbenefits.com
The U.S. national annual pay range for this role is $64000 to $156750Our.
At PayPal, we’re committed to building an equitable and inclusive global economy. And we can’t do this without our most important asset—you. That’s why we offer benefits to help you thrive in every stage of life. We champion your financial, physical, and mental health by offering valuable benefits and resources to help you care for the whole you.
We have great benefits including a flexible work environment, employee shares options, health and life insurance and more. To learn more about our benefits please visit https://www.paypalbenefits.com
Who We Are
To learn more about our culture and community visit https://about.pypl.com/who-we-are/default.aspx
PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution for more than 20 years. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, the PayPal platform is empowering more than 400 million consumers and merchants in more than 200 markets to join and thrive in the global economy. For more information, visit paypal.com.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.
As part of PayPal’s commitment to employees’ health and safety, we have established in-office Covid-19 protocols and requirements, based on expert guidance. Depending on location, this might include a Covid-19 vaccination requirement for any employee whose role requires them to work onsite. Employees may request reasonable accommodation based on a medical condition or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
63 total views, 1 today