Founded in 2016 with offices in Los Angeles (HQ) and New York and a staff of 34, M13 is a consumer technology venture capital firm that invests in the brightest founders building the future of consumer behavior in work, commerce, health, and money. M13’s Propulsion Platform is powered by one operating partner for every investing partner: our founders get access to deep operational expertise, tech tools, and a community that helps them build faster and better.
Messier 13 (or M13) is one of the brightest star clusters in the Northern sky. It’s full of remarkable individual stars, and when those stars come together, they create something that’s truly greater than the sum of its parts. All of us at M13 contribute to our collective success by being brighter together.
We are seeking a Brand Content Manager looking to contribute to our fast-paced purposeful venture firm known for our vibrant entrepreneur ecosystem and vertically focused founder support. As a member of M13’s brand team, the Content Manager will be joining a highly collaborative group who are passionate about building impactful brand and communication campaigns and are experts at simultaneously executing multiple projects across the firm.
M13’s brand team is highly collaborative, passionate about building impactful brand and communication campaigns, able to simultaneously execute on multiple projects and always learning and growing.
As our Brand Content Manager you will deploy your exceptional writing skills to support the Brand and Communications team to both amplify and differentiate M13’s voice, in addition to managing social channels and drive engagement across the organization and beyond.
Who You Are
- You are an excellent writer and communicator with digital editorial management experience creating and curating relevant content products for founders and business leaders
- You excel at leveraging multiple forms of media channels and partnerships to drive engagement and amplification
- You are experienced in cross-functional collaboration and project management and can manage writers, creators, partners, and vendors
- You incorporate data to inform our evolving editorial strategy
- You enjoy sharing best practices and supporting our founders as they build brands and thought leadership
- You possess excellent writing proficiency, organizational skills, focus, and attention to detail
- You place high importance on transparency and internal communications, sharing progress along the way in a highly dynamic environment
- You are an agile, responsive, proactive, and adaptable problem solver with a “can do” attitude
- You are willing to roll up your sleeves with collaborative helpfulness—and like to have fun and enjoy working with people in real life.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Building and executing on our editorial content calendar to amplify M13’s thought leadership and credibility as early stage consumer tech investors
- Writing and producing – with cross-functional collaboration and copy writers – external facing content such as investment thought leadership, portfolio news, talent opportunities, founder resources and newsletters, copy for our website, and big brand event collateral
- Driving SEO and other forms of promotion and engagement
- Establishing media syndication and distribution partnerships
- Enriching our content offerings with a mix of formats of content including written, audio, and video
- Managing the social media coordinator
Please upload your resume and complete the three application questions for immediate consideration.
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend only to apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes but don’t necessarily meet every point on the job description, please still get in touch. We’d love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
M13 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We deeply understand the value of bringing together a team with different perspectives, educational backgrounds, and life experiences. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.