Blog writer (12-month contract)
LinkedIn United States
Thought Leadership/Content Marketing Lead for LinkedIn Talent Solutions
Here at LinkedIn Talent Solutions (LTS), we are passionate about helping companies hire and develop talent. While our products do the heavy lifting when it comes to that, we are firm believers that good content is an essential way to add value for our customers. We are committed to empowering and delighting our audience with stories that help them be better at their jobs and also make them feel heard and seen.
We are looking for someone to help us tell these powerful stories and connect with the community on the LinkedIn Talent Blog. The blog has been around for 13 years and in that time it has become the go-to source of information in the talent space, publishing content daily.
As the blog writer, your primary role is writing and editing blog posts, pitching stories and interviewing sources, all the while you get to know the ins and outs of the learning and development and recruiting industries. You will be part of a very passionate (and funny) team of content creators who are always up for a good discussion or a heated gif contest.
What the role entails:
- Developing an understanding of what makes learning and development professionals and recruiters tick, including their pain points and aspirations.
- Writing 2-3 stories, ranging from 500 to 1,200 words, every week. The stories will range in format from roundups of best practices to opinion pieces to analyses of complex data. Many stories will require finding and interviewing industry experts.
- Writing a 300-word section of a monthly HR-centric newsletter called All Things Talent, with an eye for generating reader comments and engagement. (https://www.linkedin.com/newsletters/all-things-talent-6912796510891958272/)
- Staying on top of what’s going on in the community and pitching story ideas every week at our editorial meeting.
- Monitoring the performance of your content and coming up with ideas for how to improve it.
- Learning about SEO and implementing SEO best practices in your content.
- 5+ years of experience in a writing role
- Exceptional writing, reporting, and editing skills that include the ability to prepare content for a variety of formats and to deliver it with an appropriate voice and tone
- Excellent organizational skills to work independently and manage writing projects to completion on time
- Open mind and desire to learn new skills
Writing/Editing and Marketing
Technology, Information and Internet