Billing Support Specialist
Billing Support Specialist (Remote)
Industry: Information Technology & Services, Computer Software, Start-up, Biotechnology, Biopharma, Pharmaceuticals
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Remote, flexible
We are looking for someone who is proactive, organized and thrives in a fast-paced and challenging environment. You should have a passion for customer service and continuous improvement. You should be a self-starter, who can triage incoming support requests while delivering top shelf solutions and customer care.
About the Role:
Science Exchange is seeking a Billing Specialist with strong customer service skills and some accounting or bookkeeping background. Use your proven communication and problem-solving skills to help our customers resolve billing issues and assist with basic accounting tasks. You will be handling inbound customer calls and must demonstrate the ability to quickly respond to the customer’s needs and provide appropriate solutions.
- Manage inbound calls and ticketing system and maintain detailed logs of customer interactions
- Provide customers with outstanding service throughout the payment stages of their experience by quickly resolving finance inquiries
- Build trust with clients and ensure compliance with company policies and regulations
- Improve finance support processes and increase efficiency to allow the team to maintain a high level of support as the customer base grows
- Assist with additional finance and customer support tasks as needed
- Undergraduate degree
- Experience in an inbound call center with an emphasis in customer service or assisting with Finance inquiries
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to respond informatively, concisely, and rapidly to inquiries
- Outstanding organization, planning/time management, critical thinking and problem-solving skills; you should be detail-oriented and able to organize your own workflow with direction from your manager
- Salesforce and accounting software experience a plus
- Basic experience in accounting or bookkeeping a plus
- Technical proficiency in web-based software and ability to quickly learn our tools and product functionality
- Tenacity, patience, and a willingness to learn; Must have a can-do/will-do attitude; able to execute in a high-pressure, fast-moving work environment
About Science Exchange:
Science Exchange is a SaaS company that powers R&D outsourcing for the world’s top life sciences companies. Our marketplace gives scientists access to the innovation and research they need and our platform fully automates R&D outsourcing from source to pay so scientists can focus on what they lovescience.
Science Exchange was seeded out of Y Combinator in 2011 and has raised nearly $70M from top venture funds including USV, Maverick Capital, and Norwest Venture Partners. We’re a remote first company with employees all over the U.S., Europe and Asia/Pacific who exemplify our F.O.R.C.E. values (Fearless, Open, Respectful, Curious, and Entrepreneurial).
Ready to join us?
Science Exchange is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.