Paid Media, Billing Specialist
Paid Media United States
Position at NP Digital
TITLE Paid Media, Billing Specialist
DEPARTMENT Paid Media
LOCATION REMOTE US
About Our Company
NP Digital is a Global Award-Winning Performance Marketing Agency, 2021 winner of MediaPosts Search and Performance Marketing Agency of the Year award, #6 overall fastest-growing company in 2021 by AdWeek and #21 fastest-growing privately held company in the US, 2021 by Inc. 5000 and INC’s Best Workplaces 2022.
NP Digital combines proprietary platforms with best-in-class talent to deliver leading edge experiences centered around: paid and organic search, social, content, retargeting, performance display, feed management and conversion rate optimization.
NP Digital focuses on creating innovative, adaptive, and data-driven digital marketing plans for our clients. Obsessed with helping companies grow and exceed their goals, NP Digital delivers on the mission of continually helping brands connect and engage with their audience.
About the Opportunity
NP Digital (NPD) is seeking an energetic, rising star who loves numbers, is accuracy-obsessed and is highly detail-oriented. You never miss a beat (decimal, dollar sign or number) and wants to join a fast-growing digital marketing agency. The Paid Media Billing Specialist is a newly created position meant for someone with experience in an existing media agency that can join our team and immediately take over to identify and implement new processes for monthly media billing as well as reconcile paid media vendor invoices against media team IOs and budget trackers.
The Paid Media Billing Specialist is a liaison between the accounting team, media buyers, media strategists, and media vendors. They must be able to meet hard deadlines, receive and reply to internal and external billing questions, create and maintain project reports, identify spot inconsistencies, and resolve vendor billing discrepancies. This role requires efficiency in the workflow processes, close attention to detail, and impeccable time management and communication skills
Our ideal candidate is someone who is fun to work with and excited to join our team. They want to have the opportunity to immediately make an impact by suggesting and implementing new solutions for media billing workflows and media vendor invoice management, resulting in improved efficiency, accuracy, speed, and quality.
Reporting to the Director of Paid Media, the Paid Media Billing Specialist will be responsible all client billing functions, including accurate and timely preparation of media billing sheets, reconciling client spending, client billing, and vendor invoice payments in coordination with the NP Digital Finance Team.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Identify and implement new process improvements in the billing function
- Maintain a complete understanding of paid media clients’ specific billing needs
- Prepare and finalize monthly client media billing sheets for NPD Finance Team to invoice
- Reconcile post billing and any discrepancies for clients in conjunction with NPD Finance Team
- Support buying team with billing discrepancies
- Review and approve all media pre-billing needs, in consultation with Digital Media Managers, Media Buyers, and Media Strategists
- Track media vendor invoices and approvals
- Contact vendors when invoices have not been received
- Send discrepancy reports to media buyers or planners when the invoices and estimates do not match; follow-up as needed
- Approve reconciled paid media vendor invoices for payment
- Manage client A/R balances in conjunction with the NPD AP team
- Develop and implement best practices around automated budget tracking with media managers, buyers, and strategy team
- Experience in a high-growth, fast-paced agency environment preferred
- 1-2 years of media billing knowledge and existing workflows
- General knowledge of paid media landscape and vendors
- High level of accuracy and efficiency while managing multiple priorities
- Proficient in the MS Office Suite, including high proficiency in Excel (pivot tables, vlookups and various commonly used formulas in the accounting industry)
- Excellent time management skills with ability to consistently meet goals and deadlines with little direct oversight
- Proven self-starter and independent problem-solving ability
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Benefits & Culture
When you work with great people and leaders that support you, there is no end to what you can accomplish. We encourage and celebrate different backgrounds and perspectives from our team members, but one thing we all have in common is a core set of values:
Think Big challenges our teams in all aspects of the business. For our clients, it requires that we expand their vision beyond what’s expected, while pushing us to become a committed partner who provides strategic recommendations and measurable outcomes.
Own It plays a key role in encouraging employee autonomy. We believe owning it inspires employees to build skillsets within their roles and beyond to drive their career where you want. Own It highlights ability to make the work yours and deliver creative results.
Have Fun means we enjoy working together and cultivating a great work experience for everyone. Our passion for what we do is visible throughout the organization. Anything we enjoy, we are naturally going to do better, so we make our work something we look forward to, rather than simply something we have to do.
We provide comprehensive benefits including medical (100% coverage for employees and 50% for dependents on base HMO plan) and 100% coverage for employee-only dental. Other benefits offered include flexible paid time off, vision, FSA, life insurance, paid parental leave, volunteer time and a 401k program with employer match and immediate vesting. We are a fully remote company with employees working around the globe. As an organization, we take a proactive role in investing in our employee’s professional development. We believe in empowering our employees and welcome those who share our vision and drive to build great things together.
NP Digital is an Equal Opportunity Employer, proud of our diversity and inclusive culture! Our goal is to positively impact change through our actions, and we’re committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.