Billing Customer Service Representative
Title: Billing Customer Service Representative – National Remote
Location: Dallas TX US
Job Category: Customer Service and Claims
Job Type: Full-time
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
As a Billing Customer Service Representative, you’ll provide our members with the information they need to make better decisions about their health, helping them get access to the right care the first time. Every day, you’ll provide compassionate and empathetic support to 50 to 70 callers providing guidance, support, and resolution for escalated issues. This is no small opportunity. This is where you can bring your compassion for others while building your career.
This position is full-time. Employees are required to have ability to work a set 8-hour shift between the hours of 8:30am and 8:00pm EST. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime. This is a remote position and training will be conducted virtually from your home.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Answer a high volume of calls from patients or their representative, regarding patient bill balances, payment plans, credit card payments, patient pricing, re – billing insurance companies and general customer concerns
- Process adjustments, refunds, transfer bills, mail returns and perform manual sales
- Evaluate and respond to all aspects of written billing inquiries, including but not limited to billing insurances, and updating invoices
- Research, troubleshoot and resolve complex billing issues and customer complaints, taking all steps to resolve and ensure full resolution
- Maintain tracking log of all escalated patient correspondence, providing status updates to leadership as needed
- Ability to perform all aspects of billing customer service as needed
- May be a certified Medical Coder and / or involved in medical coding
- Thorough navigation of both Quest Billing System and the web
- Maintain all Compliance and HIPAA regulations at all times
This role is equally challenging and rewarding. You’ll be on the phone for long periods of time and encounter all types of communication styles and personalities as you help resolve conflicts or issues. You’ll deal with stressful situations and resolve complex health care concerns in a positive, simplified manner so that callers fully understand their health care plans and solutions.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 6+ months of customer service experience OR experience in a medical office, health care, call-center or office setting analyzing and solving customer problems
- Familiarity with computer and Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to navigate and learn new and complex computer system applications
- 6+ months of Quest Billing or Quest Customer Service Experience
- Prior health care experience
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Knowledge of billing/finance and eligibility processes, practices, and concepts
- Proficient in translating health care-related jargon and complex processes into simple, step-by-step instructions customers can understand and act upon
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
- Proficient conflict management skills including the ability to resolve stressful situations
- Demonstrated ability to listen skillfully, collect relevant information, build rapport, and respond to customers in a compassionate manner
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $16.00 to $26.88. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $16.83 to $29.66. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.