Billing Analyst (Remote)
Job Category: Finance
Requisition Number: BILLI025095
Over 20 years ago, Stride was founded to provide personalized learning powered by technology. We reached students where they were in their own journeys. We knocked down their barriers to great education. And we gave every learner equal opportunity to succeed however they defined success. Stride innovated the learning experience with online and blended learning that prepared them for their lives ahead.
Stride is a community of passionate leaders. Whether teachers, engineers, curriculum writers, or financial managers whatever your expertise or role, we all work to empower futures through learning. And changing the trajectory of learning itself is one of our greatest missions. Join us in developing more effective ways to learn and helping learners build the skills and confidence they need to make their way forward in life.
The Billing Analyst compiles, research’s, reviews and analyzes data in order to prepare client statement, collect timely invoice payment and process invoices as needed. This information is used to support timely and accurate monthly close procedures and supporting schedules. In order to accomplish their duties, the Billing Analyst must perform the following:
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Analyze monthly invoices generated from various billing portals by lines of business (LOB). Validate monthly billing data that supports invoices.
- Ensures revenue assurance for billing data by analyzing and interpreting a variety of complex contracts for each LOB.
- Works and interacts with other groups within Stride to ensure accurate billing, and or accurate applications of payments received e.g. Systems, Client Services, Operations, Sales
- Reviews monthly invoices ensuring billing activity is booked to the correct revenue accounts and is recognized properly in accordance to the revenue recognition policy
- Supports corporate projects related to cash management providing historical artifacts, records, and analysis
- Prepare client statements multiple times a month, retrieving data and invoice copies from multiple systems.
- Keep up to date client notes regarding payments and client issues as discovered.
- Performs general ledger receivables and accounting support activities
- Research customer billing inquires
- Reconciles customer accounts
- Reconciles general ledger accounts to the sub ledger aging
- Reconciles other accounts receivable accounts monthly
- Assists in the preparation of month end cash reconciliations for accounting
- Oversee tasking and work deliverables of temporary contractors
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no formal supervisory responsibilities
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree AND
- Five (5) years of billing experience OR
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
Certificates and Licenses: None required.
Other Required Qualifications:
- Highly ethical professional with strong business acumen
- Ability to be exacting, thorough and attentive to detail, while still meeting deadlines
- Understanding of the importance of being process oriented
- Ability to quickly and appropriately respond to external Auditor inquiries
- Strong team working and communication skills
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office, Windows and ERP systems (Netsuite experience a plus)
- Intermediate to advanced excel skills a plus
- Ability to clear the required background check
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position is virtual and open to residents of the 50 states and D.C.
- This is a remote position but with a possibility of occasional in-office meetings
Compensation & Benefits: Stride, Inc. considers a person’s education, experience, and qualifications, as well as the position’s work location, expected quality and quantity of work, required travel (if any), external market and internal value when determining a new employee’s salary level. Salaries will differ based on these factors, the position’s level and expected contribution, and the employee’s benefits elections.
- We anticipate the salary range to be $67,143 to $106,050. Eligible employees may receive a bonus. This salary is not guaranteed, as an individual’s compensation can vary based on several factors. These factors include, but are not limited to, geographic location, experience, training, education, and local market conditions. Stride offers a robust benefits package for eligible employees that can include health benefits, retirement contributions, and paid time off.
The above job is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor. All employment is at-will as governed by the law of the state where the employee works. It is further understood that the at-will nature of employment is one aspect of employment that cannot be changed except in writing and signed by an authorized officer.
Stride, Inc. is a Federal Contractor, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status age, or genetics, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities