Automotive News Writer
SlashGear is looking for enthusiastic, hard-working freelance news writers to join our team. Ideal candidates have at least one year of experience writing content for print or the web with a focus on consumer tech and gadgets and/or automotive content similar to SlashGear. We are looking for creative individuals who are self-sufficient and versatile. These positions are work-from-home with flexible, stable hours. Location does not matter; U.S. and international candidates and encouraged to apply.
Dedicated to highlighting the latest and greatest in personal technology since 2005, SlashGear covers everything from cutting-edge tech gear to the latest digital lifestyle trends. Distinctive, informative, and fresh, we’ll keep bringing you device information and reviews you can trust as well as thought-provoking commentary.
News Writer Responsibilities
- Claim article topics from a large selection of assignments
- Research and write 300- to 900-word articles in a custom CMS
- Write content on a quick turnaround as applicable
- Contributing to and following the guidelines of our style guide, editorial strategy, and publishing standards to uphold quality of content
- Compensation: $21 per hour
Minimum one year of editorial experience writing and editing. Experience with building content in a CMS.
How to Apply
To apply for this job, please submit the following materials:
- Your resume
- A letter of intent
- Three professional writing samples similar to the content shared on SlashGear (attach these in a PDF or link to them in your cover letter)
Applications without all of these elements will not be considered.
We believe representation matters at Static Media and strongly encourage people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, veterans, those with disabilities, and individuals from other underrepresented groups to apply