Full-Time Attendee Specialist
- United States – Virtual Location
- Full time
Amex GBT is a place where colleagues find inspiration in travel as a force for good and – through their work – can make an impact on our industry. We’re here to help our colleagues achieve success and offer an inclusive and collaborative culture where your voice is valued.
Job Role: Responsible for registration and attendee management for assigned client. Main point of contact for attendees and suppliers. The Coordinator leads the registration group on-site, ensuring that all facets of registration run perfectly. This position requires individuals who can work both independently and as part of a team in making decisions meaningful to the success of the client’s events. This individual works very closely with client and leads all aspects of the complete Registration process of programs to ensure detailed delivery and service.
Responsibilities will include:
- Planning, developing and implementing registration program operations.
- Handle pre-program and on-site registration process
- Run data management within a team dynamic
- Responsible for all program reporting, ensuring the integrity and accuracy of data
- Lead and support all customer service efforts (phone/email communication)
- Act as liaison between project team regarding all registration facets of a program
- Support development of registration websites, forms and materials in conjunction with Operations and travel booking process.
- Ensure that all communication received from client is optimally disseminated to the project team as well as attendees
- Primary contact with hotel Rooms Manager and/or work with CSM, and outside vendors (for air and registration specific needs and out-sourced air and registration services)
- Handle room block through final billing/establish initial hotel contact
- Run internal weekly registration updates and reporting
- Run internal weekly air booking updates and reporting
- Participate in any aspect of on-site program production that may be requested
Travel Requirements: 0-30%
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience with database systems
- Experience with Cvent
- Microsoft Office Suite Knowledge (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Minimum 1 – 3 years of Registration event/program management experience
- Minimum 1 – 3 years of customer service experience
United States – Virtual Location
The US national hourly wage range for this position is from $18.00 to $36.00 per hour. The national range provided includes the hourly rate that GBT expects to pay for the role. Actual hourly wage rate will be based on factors including the scope and complexity of the role and the successful candidate’s relevant experience, skills, knowledge, and work location.
This role is eligible for an annual Performance Based Incentive, which rewards participants based on company performance. For information about our comprehensive US benefits programs and eligibility, please review our Benefits-at-a-Glance document.
GBT 2023 Benefits-at-a-Glance
The #TeamGBT Experience
Work and life: Find your happy medium at Amex GBT.
- Flexible benefits are tailored to each country and start the day you do. These include health and welfare insurance plans, retirement programs, parental leave, adoption assistance, and more.
- Travel perks: get a choice of deals each week from major travel providers on everything from flights to hotels to cruises and car rentals.
- Develop the skills you want when the time is right for you, with global tuition assistance, access to over 20,000 courses on our learning platform, leadership courses, and new job openings available to internal candidates first.
- We strive to champion Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in every aspect of our business at GBT. You can connect with colleagues through our global Inclusion Groups, centered around common identities or initiatives, to discuss challenges, obstacles, achievements, and drive company awareness and action.
- Wellbeing resources to support mental and emotional health for you and your immediate family.
- And much more!
All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to age, gender identity (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, veteran status, citizenship or marital status. It is our policy to maintain an equal-opportunity environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias for our candidates, colleagues, clients and suppliers.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. Please, let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the hiring process. For more details, please consult GBT Recruitment Privacy Statement.
What if I don’t meet every requirement? If you’re passionate about our mission and believe you’d be a phenomenal addition to our team, don’t worry about “checking every box;” please apply anyway. You may be exactly the person we’re looking for!