Full-Time Associate Editor
Title: Associate Editor, Content Marketing, Chronic Conditions
Location: Remote- US
AT A GLANCE
RVO Health is looking for a savvy associate editor with an interest in editing content about chronic health conditions to join the Content Marketing, Chronic Conditions team. The associate editor will assist the editorial team with pitching, assigning, editing, and publishing content across a range of health conditions, such as psoriasis, rheumatoid arthritis, MS, type 2 diabetes, and cancer. Our team creates many types of content, from in-depth articles to interactive multimedia pieces to patient roundtables.
The associate editor will support the editorial team in developing concepts and managing the creation of engaging, evidenced-based content that helps our readers live stronger, healthier lives. Our team works across four sites: Healthline.com, MedicalNewsToday.com, Greatist.com, and PsychCentral.com.
The ideal candidate will have an interest in health content, a knowledge of basic editorial and journalistic best practices, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, attention to detail, and strong time management skills.
What You’ll Do
As associate editor, you will support the editorial team in pitching new creative content ideas, working with freelance writers, editing across a wide range of content types, following a style guide, and working within a content management system (CMS).
- Support the editorial team with all aspects of content development and assist with writing, research, and editing help as needed
- Maintain and update CM content trackers and process documentation
- Collaborate with teammates, medical reviewers, copy editors, and freelance creators to produce high quality content
- Become an expert in Healthline, Medical News Today, Greatist, and Psych Central styles, processes and cross-team functionality
- Consistently meet deadlines, manage multiple projects, and prioritize workload
- Become familiar with editorial tools, such as our CMS and team trackers, and use them to drive results
- Learn how other teams work to bring content to life
- Work with the SEO team and others to update and optimize content as needed
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, or related field
- At least 1 year of editorial experience
- Knowledge of basic editorial and journalistic best practices
- Interest or experience editing content about health conditions
- Strong research, writing, and editing skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to meet deadlines, manage multiple projects, and prioritize workload
- Attention to detail, with a critical-thinking and problem-solving mindset
- A self-starter with a can-do attitude who works well independently or collaboratively with others.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Experience with WordPress, SEO best practices, G-Suite, and Asana preferred.
Pursuant to various state Fair Pay Acts, below is a summary of compensation elements for this role at the company. The following benefits are provided by RVO Health, subject to eligibility requirements.
- Starting Salary: $45,000 – $70,000
*Note actual salary is based on geographic location, qualifications and experience
- Health Insurance Coverage (medical, dental, and vision)
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- 401(k) with match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Parental Bonding Benefit Program
Who We Are:
Founded in 2022, RVO Health is a new healthcare platform of digital media brands, services and technologies focused on building relationships with people throughout their health & wellness journey. We meet people where they are in their personal health journeys and connect them with both the information and the care they need. RVO Health was created by joining teams from both Red Ventures and UnitedHealth Group’s Optum Health. Together we’re focused on delivering on our vision of a stronger and healthier world.
RVO Health is comprised of Healthline Media (Healthline, Medical News Today, Psych Central, Greatist and Bezzy), Healthgrades, FindCare and PlateJoy; Optum Perks, Optum Store and the virtual coaching platforms Real Appeal, Wellness Coaching, and QuitForLife.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
RVO Health is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at RVO Health is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
We do not provide visa sponsorship at this time.