Cherry Bekaert’s Tax Advantage Group (TAG) is seeking an Application Writer and Community Engagement Specialist with a background in the New Markets Tax Credit (NMTC) or similar program area. We offer an opportunity to work with a team of experts with a deep track record in NMTC allocation applications, tax credit placement and deployment, and tax credit compliance and asset management services.
The Application Writer will manage the process for writing NMTC Allocation Applications for the portfolio of client community development entities (CDEs) and manage the grant writing and applications process for clients seeking funding from other tax credit and funding programs.
The employee will also work with CDEs on strategic plans, including product offerings, measurement of impacts and other considerations that affect likelihood of success. The successful candidate will have a strategic mindset, strong attention to detail and commitment to deadlines and a mission to help make a difference in low-income communities.
About TAG: TAG has been involved in the NMTC industry since its inception and to date has secured over $1.7 billion in NMTC funding. TAG is proud to have structured and facilitated NMTC investments that have created 14,530 direct jobs, served 489,860 clients through nonprofit investments, and helped create over 7.1 million square feet of new and improved commercial and industrial real estate. TAG’s current portfolio consists of investments in areas with poverty rates as high as 66%, median family income as low as 14.24%, and unemployment rates as high as 31.2%.
Location: Flexible; depends on candidate and market.
Primary Job Duties Responsibilities
Application and Grant Writing
- Oversee and Manage NMTC Allocation Application process for CDEs, including
- Drafting, reviewing and preparing NMTC Allocation Applications and supporting documents for strategic and technical opportunities
- Writing compelling business strategy, community outcomes and other narratives to maximize scoring and increase likelihood of successful outcomes
- Collaborating with clients to identify and source appropriate NMTC pipeline opportunities to suit unique CDE needs (considering geography, project type, community impacts, etc.)
- Synthesizing and incorporating industry terms, trends and data to support business strategies, community outcomes and compelling applications that translate to smooth financial closings
- Identify and manage other grant and application writing opportunities to ensure quality and timely submissions as