Admissions Support Associate
Admissions Support Associate
job requisition id
The Admissions Support Associate will interface with Admissions Officers and support other admissions staff to provide valuable administrative and coordination support to the whole Admissions Operations department. This position is responsible for maintaining audit compliance related to all admissions documents for new and returning student applicants, including reviewing and processing files of new student applicants for completeness.
The selected applicant for this position may be required to work onsite and attend onsite or offsite meetings and events. As such, the selected applicant must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Proof of vaccination will be required during background check, no later than 1 week prior to the start date. We will consider requests for exception from this requirement under our process for disability accommodation or religious exemption.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Enters data including student inquiries and applications into the Admissions Information System.
- Reviews incoming student applications for accuracy and routing to appropriate account.
- Admits and matriculates prospective students and follows up with the Admissions Officers if needed.
- Reviews files of new student applicants for completeness and uploads completed files to the document management system.
- Completes role specific training.
- Weekend and evening hours are required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Annual performance evaluation to be conducted jointly by Associate Manager.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and customer service skills.
- Detail-oriented and self-motivated.
- Must have strong computer skills (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, etc.).
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- At least one year of administrative or coordinator experience is required.
- Two years of college is required.
- Ensures accuracy and timeliness of ABOA students’ information. Does appropriate follow ups.
- Outreach to students and other institutions regarding basis documentation.
- Must be able to travel occasionally should a business need arise. For most roles travel would not be common. Travel may involve plane, car or metro. In accordance with ADA policies, reasonable accommodations regarding travel limitations can be provided. Travel will be more common for roles such as Account Executives (25 – 50%), senior leaders (10 20%) or Capella Core Faculty (5 10%).
- Ability to work onsite in Corporate or Campus location (in a typical office environment) may be required based on role. If so, this would include being mobile within the office, including movement from floor-to-floor using elevators or stairs.
- If offsite or hybrid role, must have access to work in setting which enables meeting all requirements of the role (including privacy, reliable internet access, phone, ability to video conference, etc.) at a remote location.
- Faculty and Federal Work Study roles require access to work in setting which enables meeting all requirements of the role (including computer, privacy, reliable internet access, phone, ability to video conference, etc.) at a remote location.
- This role may require lifting, however reasonable accommodations will be provided in accordance with our ADA policies.
- Must be able to meet critical thinking and problem solving aspects aligned to job duties, as well as effectively communicating with co-workers.
- Must be able to work more than 40 hours per week when business needs warrant. Accommodations related to schedule may be considered.
- Able to access information using a computer.
- Other essential functions and marginal job functions are subject to modification.