Strategic Programs · Remote or Washington, District of Columbia
Remote (headquarters in Washington, DC)
Salary Range: $50,000-65,000
Do you want to work in operations and events management in a growing, progressive nonprofit that is small enough to be nimble and innovate, but influential enough to punch way above its weight?
Do you have impeccable attention to detail, enjoy the people side of organizations, and love creative problem solving?
Do you live for streamlining and innovating internal systems, structures, and processes to help organizations do their best work?
The National Committee for Responsive Philanthropy (NCRP) seeks an Administrative Associate to help support movement groups pushing foundations and donors to be better partners and allies in social change.
About the Position: The Administrative Associate for Strategic Program will support our Field, Membership and Research Departments, serving as the program team’s liaison to the Operations Division and taking the lead on internal and external scheduling, database support, file and information management, budget updates and more.
Event Logistics Support
- Support set-up for virtual and in-person events.
- Maintain our yearly conference calendar, monitoring proposal and registration deadlines.
- Write event summaries for our website.
- Book travel, registration and lodging for Field, Membership, and Research staff travel.
- Ensure timely submission of post-travel debriefs, presentation attendance lists, and expenses.
- Support coordination with Communications/Marketing staff on event logistics and promotion.
- Support the scheduling of internal projects, departmental, and divisional team meetings.
- Support the scheduling of meetings with external actors, including both close allies and campaign targets, using tools such as Doodle, Outlook, Slack and Basecamp.
- Support Membership Department’s scheduling with nonprofit member working groups.
Salesforce Database Support
- Support staff in adding interactions and indicators from calls and emails to Salesforce
- Update key contact and account information
- Upload attendance lists in collaboration with our IT (Information Technology) team
- Generate Salesforce reports as directed
Miscellaneous Administrative Support for Programs
- Assist with organizing virtual files in our SharePoint system for greater ease of use.
- Liase with Operations staff on project budgets and other administrative systems.
- Support information gathering for evaluative purposes.
- At least 1-2 administrative/operations experience you can apply to a nimble nonprofit environment, including strong scheduling and calendar management chops.
- Demonstrated experience managing online and in-person events, for small groups and large audiences alike.
- Highly organized, with excellent attention to detail, often finding and fixing mistakes, or issues before anyone else notices them.
- Adept at prioritization and multi-tasking, able to juggle competing demands without sacrificing quality and adapting to shifts in deadlines or plans.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and a reputation as a collaborative team player.
- Able to work well autonomously and with others to achieve organizational goals, including proactively managing up and across to get things done.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint and at least a basic working knowledge of Salesforce and Zoom.
- Committed to NCRP’s mission with an affinity for social justice movements. Experience with community-based organizing is a strong plus, experience with foundations or philanthropy useful, but not required.
Why you’ll want to come to work each day:
- You’re working on a diverse staff of value-driven, smart, creative, and kind people.
- Your skills will strengthen our efforts to help influence how billions of dollars of charitable dollars are given away.
- Your administrative chops will help create a world where philanthropy’s behavior matches movement priorities, rather than the other way around.
The position offers an annual base salary of $50,000–65,000 depending on experience. NCRP also offers an exceptionally generous benefits package, including a contribution of 8% by employer to retirement account (no match required) and 100% paid medical and dental insurance premiums. This is a remote position.