Title: Administrative Associate
Location: United States
US – Remote
Who we are:
The Association of American Medical Colleges is a not-for-profit association dedicated to transforming health care by supporting the entire spectrum of medical education, medical research, patient care, and community collaborations conducted by our member institutions. We are dedicated to the communities we serve and steadfast in our goal to improve the health of people everywhere. The AAMC strives to make a positive impact not only in your career, but in your life. We offer a comprehensive benefits package which features:
– Significant employer 403(b) contribution
– Public transportation subsidy
– Generous paid time off program
– Tuition reimbursement
– Wellness program that includes: discounted gym membership, onsite yoga and sponsored sports teams
Why us, why now?
A service of the AAMC, the Visiting Student Learning Opportunities (VSLO) program enables thousands of students at medical schools across the US and internationally to search for clinical rotations offered by hospitals and health systems. Over 43% of all medical graduates have accepted a rotation through the VSLO program and more than 300+ teaching hospitals have joined the program.
In this role, you will work directly for the VSLO Senior Director, to provide a wide range of administrative and project support functions that support the success of VSLO operations. You will ensure consistent professional delivery of meeting logistics and presentations, manage travel, maintain the file systems and monitor all VSLO billing.
How will you make an impact?
- Develop VSLO awareness and proficiency
- Within the defined process, execute annual institutional billing activities. Maintain and continuously monitor for accurate/updated billing contacts etc. within the defined process
- Work closely with VSLO teammates and AAMC finance and legal departments to insure professional, accurate and timely communications with VSLO user base re: all billing and participation agreements
- Principal liaison with AAMC Legal regarding questions and amendments to institutional business agreements
- Develop AAMC and VSLO awareness and proficiency
- Support VSLO leadership in the development and monitoring of the VSLO budget
- Draft and process invoices and contracts
- Support VSLO team travel logistics
- Work with teammates and colleagues to provide logistics and technical support for meetings that ensures a high-quality onsite or virtual experiences
- Assist with the development of presentations, and meeting materials
- Maintain the VSLO Communications Calendar
- Internet research related to projects
- Responsible for maintaining an accurate, curated VSLO file system and a timely process for all VSLO archiving functions.
- Provide general administrative support to the Senior Director
- Work closely with VSLO Technical Director in supporting Competitive Intelligence as needed
What will you bring to the role?
- A high school diploma and 4-5 years of experience
- Experience coordinating multiple assignments, calendar management, and office management including electronic file management.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to Detail
- Proficient in MS Office, especially PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Proficient in Salesforce, Workday, and Microsoft Teams
Remote Work Eligibility
This position is eligible for remote work in the continental US
If a bachelor’s degree is required, related work experience may be substituted in some positions. One year of college course work at an accredited institution is equivalent to one year of related work experience.
COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement
The AAMC is committed to providing and maintaining a safe work environment for all, taking measures to secure workforce continuity, and promoting the health and wellbeing of our members, stakeholders, and our communities at large. Therefore, the AAMC requires its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Employees will be required to show proof they are fully vaccinated. Only vaccines that have been approved or granted Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) by the FDA, or listed for emergency use by the World Health Organization (WHO) will be accepted.