Administrative Assistant IV
Title: Administrative Assistant IV
Location: Work From Home – USA
The Public Health Institute (PHI) is an independent, nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting health, well-being, and quality of life for people throughout California, across the nation and around the world. As one of the largest and most comprehensive public health organizations in the nation, we are at the forefront of research and innovations to improve the efficacy of public health statewide, nationally, and internationally.
As a Center of the Public Health Institute, the mission of PHI’s Center for Health Leadership and Impact (CHLI) is to advance health by increasing leaders’ capacity to transcend boundaries and transform their communities. Through the use of blended learning modalities, CHLI leads programs for teams, coalitions and networks to advance leadership skills and reduce health inequities.
The Administrative Assistant IV position is responsible for assisting in operational and programmatic functions of the Center. The position will provide a full range of administrative and program support to the CHLI including complex program calendaring, communications, travel planning and management.
Employment Type: Full Time
Full salary range for this position: is $26.88 to $38.31 per hour. The typical hiring range for this position is $26.88 to $32.59 per hour. The starting wage is determined based on the candidate’s knowledge, skills, experience, as well as budget availability.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Calendaring: Schedule support for CHLI including complex meeting planning with multiple partners, virtual training series, and technical assistance sessions. Provide additional support for leadership team calendars.
- Travel (as relevant): Coordinates staff travel arrangements and registration for meetings providing the CHLI leadership with agendas, travel itineraries, directions, and pertinent meeting information.
- Composes complex & sometimes confidential letters and memoranda in response to incoming mail or calls (writes on behalf of CHLP leadership).
- Edits emails, documents and other CHLP collateral for staff.
- Conference registration and session support: submit abstracts on conference portals, manage conference speaker details, support staff conference registration process.
Performs other duties as needed in support of the Center.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- 5 years of related clerical, administrative and accounting experience, including experience in public health and/or program administration and experience in arranging travel and meetings.
- Associate’s degree or substitute with two additional years of related experience.
- Good attention to detail skills.
- Strong oral communication skills, including translating technical material for a lay audience.
- Strong interpersonal skills – ability to communicate and establish effective working relationships with all levels within the organizations, and interact effectively with co-workers, customers, and other stakeholders.
- Ability to make independent decisions following standard policies and procedures and to work independently with limited supervision.
- Teamwork skills: ability to balance team and individual responsibilities and support others’ efforts to succeed.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment, make simultaneous progress on multiple tasks, and meet deadlines.
- Good computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and internet searches.
- Ability to exercise initiative, be creative, and be resourceful.
PHI WORKFORCE MANDATORY COVID-19 VACCINATION POLICY
Per the PHI Workforce Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, it is a condition of employment for all domestic based employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless they are granted a reasonable accommodation under applicable law.
New hires need to provide proof of full vaccination prior to their start date or apply for an exemption/accommodation within three business days after their start date. Depending on the circumstances, new hires who do not comply with this Policy, or who cannot be reasonably accommodated, will either have their employment suspended or terminated. Candidates who are non-compliant will have their offers rescinded.
How to Apply