Full-Time Administrative Assistant-Admissions Office
Title: Administrative Assistant-Admissions Office
Location: Ithaca, New York; United States
About Cornell Law School
Founded in 1887, Cornell Law School is a top-tier law school, currently ranked 12th by U.S. News & World Report. We offer a 3-year JD program for about 200 students per class, a one-year LLM program for over 100 students from countries throughout the world, and a doctoral (JSD) program for about 2-3 new students per year. Cornell Law School has approximately 40 tenured and tenure-track faculty, including 20 with chaired faculty positions; and 15 clinical professors in the legal research and writing program and in clinics at the local, national, and international level. Our faculty is consistently ranked among the top in the country for scholarly productivity and influence, and has pre-eminence in many areas, including quantitative and qualitative empirical legal studies, international and comparative law, and robust doctrinal scholarship in core fields. Our school is committed to being recognized as the leader among law schools at combining inspiring theoretical, doctrinal, and experiential teaching with cutting-edge scholarship in a supportive, intellectually rich community, so that our graduates can achieve excellence in all facets of the legal profession.
About the Admissions Office
The Office of Admissions & Student Financial Services serves as the front line of customer service for J.D. candidates at Cornell Law School. Our office handles all customer service, application management, visits, tours, and recruitment events for the J.D. program. A fast-paced environment, the Office of Admissions works with students from all over the globe to learn about Cornell Law School and the law admissions process.
Cornell Law School’s Admission Office is seeking a customer service oriented professional to serve as our Administrative Assistant. In this role, you will provide high-level, confidential administrative assistance to the Associate Dean for Admissions & Financial Aid, as well as general support for the Admissions Office. You will also:
- Perform a wide variety of administrative activities including, event coordination, travel planning, scheduling meetings and maintaining calendars, and processing invoices and reimbursements.
- Assist the JD Coordinator with various admissions processes.
- Serve as the first point of contact for the Admissions Office, interfacing with multiple constituencies including applicants, alumni, faculty, pre-law advisers, administration, and current students.
- Coordinate Law School tours and classroom visits for prospective students and visitors.
This is a full time (39 hours/week) endowed position that is based in Ithaca, NY. This position follows a 4:1 campus-to-home hybrid work schedule after an orientation period mutually agreed upon. Work hours are Monday through Friday from 8am-4:30pm.
What We Need
We are looking for an administrative professional that is collaborative, has excellent communication skills and can prioritize multiple tasks/projects successfully. Additionally, you will:
- Hold an Associate’s Degree and 2-4 years of experience or equivalent.
- Utilize Microsoft Office Suite, Zoom, database management, presentation, website editing and electronic communications.
- Work successfully under pressure in a rapidly evolving, team-oriented setting, handling multiple tasks with differing timelines, and to prioritize work on projects happening simultaneously.
- Leverage your written and oral communication techniques, along with organizational, planning, time management, people skills.
- Demonstrate strong service orientation and attention to detail.
- Have experience in supporting diversity, equity, access, inclusion, and wellbeing.
- Demonstrate the aptitude to cultivate and develop inclusive and equitable working relationships with students, faculty, staff, and community members.
- Handle high-volumes of work during peak periods.
- Exercise discretion, resolve problems using sound judgment, and maintain confidentiality.
If you possess these experiences this may be the role for you! There are a few other qualifications that we would view as incredibly helpful in this role, to include:
- Bachelor‘s degree.
- Experience with Cornell procurement and accounting systems and Common Spot.
A cover letter and resume are required for further consideration for this position.
Rewards and Benefits
- This position is eligible for a hybrid work arrangement. Employees typically perform this role remotely 1 day per week and on-campus 4 days per week. The university reserves the right to modify, suspend, revoke or terminate the hybrid work arrangement at any time.
- This position is based in Ithaca, New York, however, the successful applicant may perform this role remotely anywhere within the United States. Employees who work remotely may receive multiple W-2 Forms depending on their work location. The New York Convenience of employer guidelines require New York State individual tax reporting and withholding for this position. Additional individual state income tax filings may also be required if working temporarily outside of New York State.
Pay Rate Type:
$23.50 – $27.67