Full-Time Administrative Assistant
Remote Administrative Assistant – Controller Group
- Remote, United States
Awarded Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces 2022 & 2023!
AccountingDepartment.com is the leader in outsourced virtual accounting services for businesses – and our family is growing! Perhaps your next career adventure awaits!
AccountingDepartment.com never settles with status quo. We strive to make sure our staff have plenty of opportunities that broaden skill sets and ultimately enhance career satisfaction while working here. If you’re someone who wants to make a difference, is a confident communicator, loves a good challenge, and happily embraces change, then we sound like a perfect match!
It’s been an exciting 19 years at AccountingDepartment.com! We hope you will join us as we continue this exciting revolutionary journey we are on.
AccountingDepartment.com’s Administrative Assistant is responsible for ensuring the coordination of Controller Group operations, procedures and resources to facilitate organizational effectiveness. This support role works with the Controller team within the organization to ensure efficient workflow within the group. The position requires the ability to communicate professionally and clearly with all internal and external clients. The Administrative Assistant must be comfortable working with different personality types and ability to take direction from multiple managers. Excellent organizational, prioritizing and attention to detail skills are essential in this position. The ideal candidate will have a passion for helping others, juggling multiple priorities simultaneously within a fast paced environment, is extremely organized and is technology savvy.
How You Will Contribute:
- Track client calls, verify call notes are documented properly, and take call notes when necessary
- Conduct staff time sheet reviews and approvals
- Assist with resource planning related to staffing assignments
- Run and analyze various reports, such as productivity reports
- Verify all completed financial reports are sent and filed
- Monitor status of tasks for Accounting Team to ensure all deliverables are completed in a timely manner
- Keep track and renew all training and license requirements for Controllers
- Updated policies and procedures as directed
- Ensure all staff performance reviews are scheduled and completed in a timely manner
- New Client Setup within project management software
- Maintain closing schedules for clients
- Keep Controllers informed of important information and any significant issues that arise
- Anticipate the needs of others in order to ensure a seamless and positive experience
- Look for efficiencies where possible to enhance current processes
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Excellent verbal and written communication are essential
- Self-motivation and independent thinking. Is resourceful and proactive, with the ability to analyze and monitor internal processes for operational efficiency.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, and Outlook. Must have experience operating within VLOOKUP and Pivot Tables.
- Proven ability to multi-task, while adhering to deadlines and prioritizes accordingly.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work independently in a virtual environment
- Comfortable interacting on webcam
- Strong technical skills
- Keen attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Strong customer service skills with both internal and external customers
- Ability to work in a fast paced, ever changing environment
Minimum Education and Training Required:
- High school diploma
- Minimum two years administrative experience
- Previous experience in a CPA firm, or related field is preferable, but not required
Must be a US Citizen residing in the US – Candidates outside of the US will not be considered.
Applications submitted via job posting from California, Colorado, New Jersey, and New York will not be considered as we are not actively recruiting in those states.
If these are the things that you are passionate about and excite you, then we should talk!
Working at AccountingDepartment.com, LLC
The people at AccountingDepartment.com, LLC are passionate about their work and are driven by innovation. Each and every day we strive for excellence. Our work environment is equal parts casual and professional. We’re serious about our business and delivering the best service to our clients, but we also make it a priority to keep things fun and exciting.
- Work from home, W-2 position
- Summer Hours from Memorial Day through Labor Day – opt into working 9-hour days Monday through Thursday so you can leave at noon on Fridays to kick start the weekend early!
- Generous vacation and paid holidays
- Group Medical, Dental, Life, Vision, Accident Insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Virtual employee groups, clubs, and activities throughout the year
- Casual dress